Chapter 27: Preparing for War

I watched as Villain was taken away. He had been released from the ball of light and was now on his way to the dungeons, deep within the mountian. Rogan had put these chains on him that prevented him from using magic, so he was quite defenceless as they took him away.

I sighed. I was standing outside the tent with Dustan, Derrick, Reflamen, Shadowrang and Oceania. The tent was in ruins. The darkness had swallowed up the whole back part of the tent and the rest had fallen apart.

The council was busy talking about the things that had just happened. It was honestly very annoying, and to make matters worse the whole timeline seemed to be falling apart. First the battle with Leren's men, then Dustan getting captured, and now Villain's been found out, well thanks to me, but I was only doing that because not doing it would make matters even worse. 

I sighed again. 

"Something bothering you," said Derrick.

"No, no," I replied looking at him, "Just deep in thought, I guess."

Derrcik smiled, "You know, I'm still trying to figure out how you made that light back there. That was amazing, and you didn't even break a sweat!"

"Physically, no," I replied smiling at Derrick's interest, "but mentally it was extremely difficult."

"How so?"

"Well," I said trying to figure out what to say, "It's like trying to daydream in the middle of a battle."

"Wow, that difficult ha?" said Derrick.

"Yep," I replied smiling, the thing was, it actually was daydreaming in the middle of battle.

"Hey look guys," said Dustan, "It looks like the council has finished."

I looked over and saw Rogan walking towards us, along with Leivite and Leo. A shadow passed over us and Lilly came flying down to meet us. Charole was on her back.

"What happened here?" said Charole.

"Ask them," I replied, pointing towards the three men walking towards us. 

"Hey what's happening?" said Charole when they reached us.

"Villain was a traitour, a double agent of the king," said Rogan, "Derrick, the one that's not my brother, defeated him with a strange light, after breaking into his mind. Also, Dustan here has decided to help us."

Charole was surprised, "Villain?"

"Yes that's right," said Rogan.

"Then what was the meeting about?" she said.

"That's what I'd like to know," said Derrick.

"The council has decided..." said Rogan, then he took a deep breath, "That we attack, a full on frontal assult on the king."

"WHAT!?" I said in surprise.

Everyone looked at me in surprise.

"I don't see why not?" said Derrick, "We have got everything we need, Dustan, to show us the way in. That old golden staff. Me and Shadowrang are as good as a dragon rider can get. Derrick has got his flame blades and I have my shadow blade. The king wouldn't stand a chance."

"But?" I said getting confused, "Why now?"

"This is the best time to attack," said Leo, "The enemy is weekn'd  from their defeat, they will not be expecting an attack so soon, and we will have the advantage of surprise."

"I guess you're right," I said, 'What's happening, everything is getting completely destroyed. I never imagined me and Reflamen could make so much of a difference, I guess I never suspected anything.'