Chapter 20: Lightning Troubles

I woke up, feeling slightly light headed. 

'I guess today is the day,' I thought.

It was almost seven. I realized that my alarm was going of. It was a sci-fi alarm and was really loud. The most annoying sound in the world. I hated waking up. 

I sighed and swung myself out of bed, knowing that I wouldn't get back to sleep. I reached for my laptop and opened it up. The past few days I had also been working on the 'story' of Derrick and Rogan, but I had added myself and Reflamen into the equation as well, so everything that did happen while I wrote happened in the other world. I also caught up on what had happened when I was actually in the other world. 

I sighed and opened to the word document I had been writing on. I scrolled down to the end and started tapping away on the key board again.

Derrick started to make his way across the castle wall. The guards hadn't noticed him yet, thank goodness. He was quite sure he would be able to take them on, especially since he had his new blade, but he didn't want the whole city after him. We would prefer not to wipe out the defences of this city. 

Luckily the blade also advanced his shadow powers, so that he could make himself nearly invisible, and was able to basically change into any shadow he wanted. 

Rele'an was hard enough to get to, now the last thing he wanted was to have to leave. 

He had managed to find out where the arterfact was though. He new what it was the moment he layed his eyes on it. It was a staff of some kind, almost the same shape as a trident, but it only had two forks instead of three. He had felt the energy coming of that thing, he had no doubt that they would destroy the king with that thing.

But now he just had to get it. He started made his way down the wall and into the keep grounds. He only hoped that there were no guards around. There wasn't, now all he had to do was climb up the castle wall...

"Derrick! Time to wake up!" yelled Rena.

"i'm coming!" I yelled back.

I sighed and closed my computer, I would work on it later. 

I walked out to the breakfast table. 

"Morning," I said.

"And good morning to you to," replied Rena, "Good sleep."

I nodded, then looked at my watch. It was seven thirty. My siblings were already at the table having breakfast. 

"Hey mum," I said.

"Yeah," replied mum.

"You know that I going to 'faint' again today," I said.

"WHAT!" yelled Rena, "Oh yeah, completely forgot about that, do you want to stay home today then? If it doesn't happen then you could just go to school tomorrow."

I nodded, since when had my mum been so lenient with school? 

"Okay," I said slowly, if mum said I could stay home then I wasn't about to disagree. 

I sat down and started to eat my morning breakfast of cheerios and milk. The others went of to schook, after a bit of complaining about how I wasn't going and all that. When they did I decided to go outside again, back into the marshland hills, as I had now begun to call them.

I flew over the lake, with the help of the wind, and landed back in the place I had been yesterday. I was all battered and black, like a war had happened there, a war had happened. I frowned, some day people would see what I was doing and come to investigate, I didn't want that. I started to imagine an invisible forcefield around the place I was working in. Thr forcefield was exsposed to block the inside from view and show a normal landscape, or as normal as it could, without showing anything I was doing.