Chapter 9: Weapons

I was woken up by a little dragon bouncing up and down on my stomach. I was winded almost every time, Relfamen was getting heavier.

"Ref...flame...n... stop... that," I said trying not to throw up.

Reflamen buonced off my stomach and onto the floor. I sat up and clutched my stomach, and groaned.

"Did you really have to do that?" I said.

Reflamen seemed to shrug, 'I tried to do it nicely, but you wouldn't wake up, soooo... I started to bounce, and it was fun!'

I shook my head at the little dragon.

"Why did you wake me up any way?" I said.

'Well. it's almost seven twenty and you're exsposed to be at the training field by seven thirty, so I decided to wake you up before you're late,' said the little dragon.

I shot out of bed, "Why didn't you say so!"

I ran frantically around the little hut I had been given, trying to find my clothes.

'You didn't ask,' said Reflamen. He was sitting next to my bed, peacfully, just watching as I raced around the house.

I chucked on a brown shirt and some long pants, and a hard, brown leather jacket over the shirt. I put on my boots and raced towards the training fields. Reflamen ran after me. I made it to the training field just in time. I leaned on my knees, trying to gain my breath from the frantic run over here.

Rogan walked into the field a few seconds afterwoods.

"You are here on time," said Rogan, "Well done."

"All thanks to a little dragon," I said with a smile.

He smiled back, "Lucky indeed."

"Okay," I said, "what are we starting of on today?"

"First, we're going to run."

I groaned.

"Come on," said Rogan as he started jogging to the other end of the field, "We don't have to run as far this time, just around the field four times."

I sighed in relief, four laps around the field I could handle. It took about twenty minutes to finish the run, then he gave me thirty push ups, which I was able to do.

"Now," said Rogan, "I know your good with duel swords, especially with the two flame blades, but I want to know what you can do with one sword."

I nodded and summoned one of the swords to my hand.

"Not one of your swords," said Rogan.

He unsheathed one of the four swords that he kept at his hip. He chucked it to me. I caught the handle. The sword was well balanced, but it was heavier then my fire swords. I knew this ws going to be slightly harder to handle. By the looks of it, it was a standard calvary sword, which most riders used when they were on a dragon. A calvary sword was reasonbly light, for a sword, and was able to be swung easily on a mounts back, like a horse or dragon. They were also extremely easy to make.

I swung the sword in a few circles, trying to remember how to use a sword. It had come so naturally with the flame swords. Maybe they were what controlled me when I was fighting instead of me controlling them. I shivered at the thought.

"Hey," I said to Rogan, "When I first used my swords the fighting stile was almost natural to me. With this I feel clumsy, like I don't know how to use it. I know this sword is top quality, but it doesn't seem right."

"I thought so," said Rogan, "Those swords are magical. They probably gave you the information you needed in a fight and controlled the way you moved. As you become better with a sword they won't need to do that as much."