Chapter 26: Everything Falls Apart

Reflamen and I landed at the Resistance, along with the rest of the riders. Derrick and Shadowrang brought back the few that had remaned incased with shadow. I took a quick look at the ones who where captured to see if any of them were anyone important, thankfully, none were. 

'That was very strange,' I thought to Reflamen.

'You're right about that,' said Reflamen, 'Maybe you did imagine it but forgot, or something?'

'No, I would definitly remember a battle like this,' I replied.

'Then I'm completely lost,' said Reflamen.

I nodded, trying to think of an explanation. I was then intereupted by a large crash on the ground. I spun around to see a blue dragon, on the flaw with Sophire holding it down, and she had the rider in her jaw, being careful no to crush him. 

'Oh great,' I thougth as I recognised the rider.

"LET ME GO!" yelled Dustan as he struggled in Sophire's jaw, "I'm here to help you, you stupid dragon!"

Sophire snarled and increased the preasure of her jaw. Dustan immediatly stopped struggling. Rogan was on Sophire's back. He jumped off and landed on the floor beside Sophire's right front leg. He walked up to the blue dragon, Oceania. 

"Who are you?" said Rogan.

"Where here to help, you we are betraying the king!" said Dustan.

Rogan ignored him and looked at the sea blue dragon. Oceania looked up at Dustan, then back at Rogan. I closed my eyes and started to imagine the comversation.

'I'm Oceania and this is my rider, Dustan,' said Oceania to Rogan.

"Okay then, why are you here?" asked Rogan.

'We are here because we wanted to betray the king. He has been treating us very badly, and he killed my rider's family. When he wanted an egg he snuck into the palace and started trying the eggs. I hatched for him just as the guards found him. They took us before the king and when he saw that I had hatched for Dustan he made us follow him. Dustan tried to resist, but when the king threatened to kill me, he had no choice. The king then made a collar for me, and made it so that if Dustan and I ever betray him, he can activate the colour and make it kill me,' replied Oceania, 'Can you please take the collar off, or have someone take it off?'

Oceania was pleading with Rogan. Rogan reached for the collar.

'Stop!' shouted Oceania, 'If you touch it you die!'

Rogan instantly drew his hand away from the collar, "Then how do you suppose we get it off?"

'Try to use magic,' said Oceania.

Rogan put out his hand and cast a spell of will on the collar, trying to make it shatter. When that didn't work he tried and darkness spell, because that was what the collar was made of, but he wasn't very good with darkness spells, so it did nothing. He cried out in frutration.

I opened my eyes and stopped imagining the conversation.

"Hey Rogan, let me have a go," I said.

Rogan looked up at his work from the collar. 

"Sure," said Rogan, "But be careful."

I smiled and walked over to the collar. 

'Hey! I know you, you were the boy who flew over the city on that colourful dragon last night!' said Oceania.