"Jingle Bells Rock" Part I (Roc Royal)

"Jingle Bells Rock" by Glee

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock

Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring

Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun

Now the jingle hop has begun

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock

Jingle bells chime in jingle bell time

Dancing and prancing in Jingle Bell Square

In the frosty air.

What a bright time, it's the right time

To rock the night away

Jingle bell time is a swell time

To go gliding in a one-horse sleigh

Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet

Jingle around the clock

Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet

That's the jingle bell,

That's the jingle bell rock

Racing down your stairs you piled your suitcases and bags on top of each other as you made your way to the taxi. Bundled up in pea coats and scarves, you still couldn't resist the New York weather. The taxi driver helped you stuff your luggage into the trunk as you ran back into the apartment building, up into your room, and grabbed your purse.

"Where's my M.I.L.K.?" You asked yourself as you searched for your money, I.D., lipstick, and keys. A smile broke out across your face as you made sure your plane ticket was in your purse when you locked the door and left down to the taxi cab. You were longing to see your parents and younger siblings when you would fly back to Texas where you were used to the heated summers and the windy winters. Nothing was going to stop you from getting back to your hometown, not even your strict boss that you had to kiss up to in order to get paid vacation time.

You loved being the negotiator and persuasive person of the business you were in charge of, but now was the time for you to be freed of your hard working lifestyle and release all the stress from your everyday life. Foot rubs from your roommate just didn't cut!

You thanked the Arabian taxi driver as you sat down in the back of the taxi. "To the airport, we go!" You smiled and exhaled out a deep breath.

The driver began driving through all the busy traffic as he pulled up to the airport. You paid the nice, generous man as he finished helping you with your luggage into the airport. Your eyes widened as you stared around at the oversized airport with busy bodies all around the place. You swallowed hard as one of the workers walked up to you. "Need help finding your way, ma'am?" He grinned. For some odd reason, you were caught into his daze, his sparkling white teeth blinded your vision or so you thought. He had the same smile you could always remember and never forget. It was you ex-fiancé from long ago. You reminisced the harsh break up and just wanted to hurl all over again.

"Um, um. . . I don't know. Should I let you help me?" You replied, staring at his teeth as he continued talking of which you couldn't believe you were hearing.

He waved a hand in front of your face, "And what do you mean by that?" He furrowed his eyebrows. You shook the distractions off and smiled falsely at him. "I'm sorry. I just got here and it's been awhile since I rode an airplane. Can you show me where Flight 206 is, sir?" You read over your plane ticket.

"I could show you were the front desk is to check in your things. But even if I cared I'd probably let you figure out where it is yourself since you can find everything else wrong. It's the place with the big sign that says 'Front Desk.'" He smirked as he ventured toward the "front desk" I imagined it to be.

"Um, thank you. . ." you squinted your eyes at his name tag. "Chrisanto?"

"It's Chresanto, and if you need more help, I won't be of service." He slightly smiled, but deviously. "My apologies." You responded with a roll of your eyes and waved bye to him. He soon left and you had your suitcases arranged onto the conveyor belt. You fell in line behind the other people and took your shoes off, your jackets and all your metal items off you. You walked swiftly through the metal detector and it beeped. . . loudly.

You arched your eyebrows as the police officer waved the handheld metal detector over your frame until it made an annoying sound over your back pocket. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's my other set of keys." You chuckled nervously as you took the keys out of your pocket and placed them in tray. The man instructed you to walk back through it and the second time, there was no beep.

Finally, you pulled your boots back on and zipped them up and grabbed all your luggage, heading to the waiting area as you sat your bigger luggage on the conveyor belt. You lied down on the hard plastic chair as you waited patiently for your flight to begin boarding. You flipped through a Christmas edition of the Essence Magazine. You admired the actresses and models throughout the magazine that wore Santa hats and reindeer antlers to celebrate the holiday season.

Soon, Chresanto came over to you and tapped your thigh lightly with his index finger. "Um, Y/N?"

You looked up and plastered a fake smile on, "Yes, Chrisanto?"

"It's Chresanto, but didn't you say you were on Flight 206?" He asked.

"Yes, I did actually." You placed the magazine down in your lap.

"I'm afraid your flight has been delayed." He tried to hold back the snicker under his breath.

"Delayed? Why?" You groaned informally.

"All flights that are supposed to be shipped out are now delayed until the blizzard has passed."

"There's a blizzard?!" You exclaimed.

"Yeah, and there's no telling how long it would last. Last time around Christmas, the blizzard lasted nearly two weeks and everyone had to celebrate Christmas and New Year's here at the airport." He reassured you.

You covered your face with your glove-clothed hands. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Nope. Not one bit." He spoke with all honesty. "At least you're stuck here with me." He folded his arms behind his head as he sat beside you.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, "This is one hell of a Christmas, then."