"Young and Beautiful"

"Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey

[Verse 1]

I've seen the world

Done it all

Had my cake now

Diamonds, brilliant

And Bel-Air now

Hot summer nights, mid July

When you and I were forever wild

The crazy days, city lights

The way you'd play with me like a child 

[Chorus]

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful? 

[Verse 2]

I've seen the world, lit it up

As my stage now

Channeling angels in the new age now

Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll

The way you play for me at your show

And all the ways I got to know

Your pretty face and electric soul 

[Chorus]

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful? 

[Bridge]

Dear lord, when I get to heaven

Please let me bring my man

When he comes tell me that you'll let him in

Father tell me if you can

Oh that grace, oh that body

Oh that face makes me wanna party

He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds 

[Chorus]

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

The keys of the old wooden upright piano pressed down as the light hammers made sounds. The delicate melodies as the loneliness set into your soul. Your right foot settling down softly on the damper pedal as the keys' sounds merged together, releasing a slurring soft pleasant voice. You pushed the gray hairs back behind your ears as you began playing again.

   "I've seen the world, done it all; had my cake now..." You began to sing.

The piano played purring tones as if the piano has its own voice. You played into it, trying to decode the music's cries and murmurs. The instrument taunted and teased as your recognition of what emotion it soon brought to you.

Whenever music was compressed against your ear canals, a feeling was stoned into your membrane and captured you in a blissful lure. Your voice hummed with the piano's calming voice like it was your mother rocking you into a slumber when you were a little tike. You've always cherished the beauty of what the percussion instrument could merge together as a song.

The beautiful song you created transformed the old parlor into its 1940's beauty. As the rhythm created an alto voice deepening your emotion, the stream of lights illuminated its bright shining glow of the stage. The chairs accompanied the tables as the tables' dresses covered the cherry wood surface top. The bar stood lively as the alcoholic beverages lingered the shelves plastered against the walls. The bartender, Mr. Brewster, was a dear friend who would always set aside a bottle for you to congratulate your performance after the bar closed up. He was known as a people-pleaser. Everyone that came and drunk away their sorrows, depression, and bad luck would be assisted by him. It was one of those times where the Great Depression has everyone holding onto by a thin line. The owner of the establishment was a handsome, young gentleman you grew to fall deeply in love with.

You remember back in your younger days he was a very busy man. He fashioned a nicely ironed white pin-striped suit jacket and slacks accompanied by his elastic suspenders. On his feet, he wore a classic pair of black dress shoes he'd walk in every day, meaning he was business. As you stood on stage, he pivoted on his heels and faced your direction with his arm propped and rested on the bar's counter top, watching in awe. A smile smuggled onto your face like an illegal immigrant crossed the border.

A thick Cuban cigar sat at the corner of his lips as he puffed it and brazed the end into the ashtray. The mustache accompanying his upper lip curved a bit as a smirk turned in. After an applause, you'd soon exit the stage and walk back into your dressing room, sitting at mirror, removing the flattering make-up.

   "Now that's what I pay you for! I started this whole thing up, and Miss Tillie, you shined tonight!" He congratulated you with a big grin you'd think you'd see only on a child's face. It was soon replaced with a "business" smirk. "Now if you could do that five nights every week this place would be booming!"

   "Is that all you ever talk about?" You put the make up brush down as you swiveled in your cushion seat, facing him. Your Southern Belle voice whined in exhaustion. "How you want this as one of the best places in town? Remember who finally said yes to being your entertainment. And I don't just mean on the stage."

   "Look, Miss Tillie," he sighed, walking away from the door shutting it behind himself. "You are a star. You're my star. You know that mink coat you're wearing, I got you that. That beautiful apartment with the city view, I got you that, too!"

   "What about love? I'm not gonna be young forever. Don't you love me? And look me in the eyes, Stanley." You stood up, making your voice stern and clear.

He wrapped his arms around your thin waist and brushed the blond curl behind your ear. He looked at you with those crisp blue irresistible eyes, you had such admiration for his personality than he did your physical appearance. "You think I want to keep a secret from the world about us? If I could, I would scream it proudly!"

You wrestled out of his grip. "Oh, stop feeding me all this nonsense. Once years past, all the fame, all the beauty, and all the youth will start disappearing. Just answer this question: will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"

He pulled you close into his crest and pressed a strong, blissful kiss arousing your senses. You wrapped your arms around his torso and buried your head into his chest.

He spoke into your ear, "I will."

It repeated in your head. As you opened your eyes, your vision came back to looking at the upright piano. You wiped your reigning eyes as the tears trembled down your cheek. You felt the wedding band brush against your face. You admired the ring as you felt arms slowly move around your waist. You looked up to see your husband, Stanley,   your eyes sparkled in his presence.

You whispered to him softly, "I know you will." This confused him by the way you felt his face wrinkle up. Then, he realized what you meant and embraced you warmly.