Chapter 12

Callie

I rushed up to Queen Emmaline's office with Leo quickly following behind me. As soon as I opened the door, I moved to go sit on the couch beside Devin. Queen Emmaline was sitting in her chair behind her desk going through some papers that were scattered everywhere. Leo came in shortly after and made a move to go sit next to me but Dev sent him a glare before he could actually sit.
I sent a silent thank you to Dev as she watched intently at Leo sitting down at the far end of the couch. 

Queen Emmaline looked up from the paper she currently had in her hands, "Don't bother getting comfortable." 

"What's going on?" Leo asked. I guess he still hasn't been filled in on the news, oops. 
Queen Emmaline looked between Leo and I before she stopped on me, "You didn't tell him yet?" She said with a confused face.

I blushed silently and sheepishly answered, "I guess I forgot, sorry."

Queen Emmaline looked unconvinced but didn't question any further. She did, however, give me a look saying that we would be having a talk later. 

"Anyways," Emmaline said while turning back to Leo. "We are under attack by the rogue we discussed in the Alpha meeting, Than."

Leo nodded his head slowly as if trying to remember something important. Suddenly his eyes grew wide, "Than, he is the one that you asked my pack to come and help fight with you, right?" 
Queen Emmaline nodded slowly. 

Now it was my turn for my eyes to grow wide. I know I shouldn't be that surprised but I obviously just didn't really think about it. What will happen when Than runs into Leo or when Leo runs into Than? What will help if Than, Leo, and I are stuck in a room by ourselves or something? That would be super awkward for me. Having the man who played me and me ex-mate in the same room together. Ok, so thats a lie, Leo isn't my ex-mate but I wish he was, I mean, why can't have I someone like Dexter as my mate? But, no. Fate is cruel and has paired me up with this idiotic bastard for the rest of eternity. Great. 

"I have gathered you here because we need to think of a plan of attack. Leo, you are here because this is good training for when you will become Alpha of your pack, and you, Callie, are here because your father is currently busy preparing for your army."

Queen Emmaline stood up and walked towards one of the doors in the office. She opened the burgundy door to reveal a small closet filled with combat gear. She took out the necessaries and then closed the door but this time she locked it behind her. 

She tossed me the gear to hand out to Dev and Leo. "Put this on," she said. "It will help you in the battle. Devin I don't really think you should take part in this--" 

Dev quickly cut Queen Emmaline off, "I am going to fight and there is no way that you can stop me. I might have been nearly killed by a group of rogues but that doesn't mean that I am going to live terrified of them. I am going to revenge them for what they did to my family."

Queen Emmaline sighed, Devin has always been the daughter that she never had but always wanted. When she had found her in the woods, she immediately felt connected to Devin and I know for a fact that Dev considers her as a mother as well. It must have been hard for the Queen to let who she has considered as her daughter, decide to fight, but she also knew that it wasn't her choice to make but it was Devin's and if she chose to fight, then fight she will. 

"Very well," Queen Emmaline said. "You all need to change into the gear and then meet down in the weapon room once we have our plan."

"What are we waiting for let's plan this baby out!" Dev said causing me to chuckle and Leo to give Dev a weird look. Dev just silently flicked him off, if you catch my drift.