Chapter 1

Summary:

He rejected her, his mate. He didn't want a human as a mate and even though it was quite rare to have one he beat the odds. A weak little human would never survive in a world of werewolf's.

A year later they meet again, only different. When attending a meeting with all the pack Alpha's in the country is when he sees her. She is no longer weak; she is a full supernatural and has the blood of every kind running through her blood. How did this happen? He was certain she was human just last year and it's impossible to have every type of supernatural blood to run through your body and not tear yourself apart from each of their urges.

I think it's safe to say he wants her back now . . . but will she except him or just reject him like he did to her?

Leo

This may very well be the worst day of my life.

I have always been looking forward to meeting my mate, the one person who would be able to make me rollover and beg. The one person I could ever love more than anything or anyone else. My mom used to tell me stories about how her and my dad met. They say it was love at first site . . . or smell actually because they fell in love with each others "intoxicating" (her words not mine) scent. They scouted each other out and everything seemed to just pop into place for them. Mind you it was hard to understand what mom was saying whenever she tried to explain any of this because she would always drift off, lost in the memory.

She would tell me that you would be an idiot if you didn't know who your mate was once you saw them. They were supposed to have this smell that draws you in like no other, it puts you in a daze and your wolf tries to take control and scout out where the source is. Whenever mates touch they can literally feel sparks fly and when you are around them you always have an urge to protect them and never leave their side.

Mom had also explained, in excruciating details, the mating process and the fact that because we were from an alpha bloodline our urges would be stronger.

Step 1. The initiation. A touch; this activates the mating process, you start to feel urges and can't stop thinking about your mate. You can slightly feel when your mate is in pain.

Step 2. Next is a kiss, this intensifies your emotions and they start to build inside you until you finally let them out.

Step 3. Once these emotions come out, so does your wolf, and then you claim them by a bite to their neck. After the claiming you get a small mark in the pit of your neck that matches your mate's. You also start to feel each other's emotions stronger than before.

Step 4. The last step is to complete the mating process by nothing other than . . . mating! During the intercourse, the male will bite the female in the same spot as before but this time is sending his scent into her so any other wolf knows that she is taken. This only works however during intercourse and if it is your true mate.

It was also very rare for a werewolf to be mated to a human. So rare that I have only heard about it in old stories. It was too dangerous for a human to survive in a world full of werewolves and they usually end up killed before they are able to complete the mating process.

That's why when I discovered that Callie was my mate and that she was a human, I had no choice but to reject her.

She was beautiful and totally one billion percent better than what I was expecting of my mate. The feeling I got when I first met her was absolutely amazing and her touch brought tingles to my skin and butterflies to my heart. But she wouldn't survive in my world.

I bullied her at school even though seeing her so weak and sad made me feel the same way. Whenever the "popular" girls pushed her into lockers or my fellow football team friends dumped her in a garbage bin, I would feel her pain slightly and although it didn't seem like it at the time, I knew I was doing the right thing.

This way is better for the her.

Eventually, I started to question that. She seemed to become depressed and never made any efforts at school anymore. It made me feel bad but there was nothing I could do.

I was pissed off that fates had been so cruel to give me a human mate. I tried to convince myself that she was fat, ugly and useless but it couldn't have been farther from the truth. She was perfect, but she was human. And she would never survive.