Chapter 17

Check out NattyHunnx's Story The Mist Pack

____________________________________

Callie

I was sitting around a small coffee table with Anna and four of her friends that she had introduced to me. Dina, Effi, Trish, Bonnie.

Dina had raven black hair that fell like a pin to her mid-back and piercing green eyes. Effi had wavy light brown hair that stopped at her shoulders and a beautiful set of blue eyes. Trish had natural blond hair that fell in luscious ringlets down to her hips and also had blue eyes but where Effi had dark blue eyes, Trish’s eyes were colored like the light blue sky. Bonnie had red hair that she had styled into a pixie cut, she had captivating green eyes with specks of brown.

The girls were all very young. Anna, who had caramel hair and lovely green eyes like her daughter Vanessa, could not have been older then twenty-five. Yes twenty-five is a very young age to have kids at but when you’re a werewolf – a rogue especially – you don’t know when your last day will be. As soon as a wolf finds his or her mate, they usually like to fully mark and mate with them as soon as possible.

“So Callie, how old are you?” Effi asked me.

“Well, I’m seventeen right now but I will be turning eighteen really soon.” I said, I didn’t want to give out the exact date though. I didn’t need a party thrown for me if I was still here when that date came and I didn’t know if Than would want any of the rogues to know exactly who I am.

Trish smiled, “I remember when I was that age, it feels like it was so long ago . . . I guess time tends to drag on when you’re stuck living as a rogue.”

Bonnie rolled her eyes, “Well we don’t get out much. Anyways, Callie, have you found your mate yet?”

“Um, yes,” I answered but not without glancing towards Than first.

“Is it Than?” Anna asked. “You did seem a little reluctant to answer when I asked if there was anything going on between you and Than.”

“No, No, it’s not Than.” I answered. Even though I may not act like it and no matter how many times I wish Than was my true mate, at the end of the day I’m glad it wasn’t him that fate paired me with Leo, he made a mistake, yes, but after a little payback and ass kissing I was going to forgive him. He is my mate after all; he’s almost impossible to hold a grudge against.

“But you had mentioned that you and Than had been together before,” Anna stated. Damn her why can’t she have the memory of a goldfish of something?

“Yeah, once upon a time.” I muttered.

“Come on your not that old.” Dina said while rolling her eyes.

“Not yet at least,” I said and then changed the subject. “When growing up I was always told that rogues were mean and ruthless wolves, but you all seem to be the exact opposite, you’ve been nothing but kind to me.”