Chapter 10

Callie

Once I left Devin and Dexter, I headed to my room. All they had been doing was brainstorming revenge plans like buying a dragon and putting it in Leo's fireplace so he will catch fire next time he wants to warm up his room. I was the one that kept having to tell them, "Do you really think a dragon would fit into a fireplace?" or maybe something like, "I can't hire a demon to poison Leo, that's illegal and I'm the queens successor!" 

After around five minutes of it, I had, had enough. There plans were so idiotic and unrealistic that it made my head spin. So I just got up and left. That lead me to right now, running down the vast and empty hallways to reach my pastel pink room. 

I have tried so hard to kept strong but I just can't. I fall on to my bed and hide face in the pillow to muffle my sobs. 

I can't believe that I have to deal with all this. I need to rant to someone but who? Dev and Dex already know it all and if I dare go back there . . . I would have to listen to them planning on how to get back at Leo by attacking him with ketchup bottles or tying him down on a chair and forcing him to watch the Twilight Saga with the volume on max. Yeah, let's just say that Miss Devin Marie Vaoul is a messed up person in the brain.

I could always go to David. But knowing my brother, once I tell him what happened he will probably freak out and go hunt Leo down and that is definitely not what I wanted to have happen. Plus David doesn't live in the castle, he insisted he continue to live with our parents. He said that he wanted to stay there because that was the place he had grown up in and he wanted to be with his parents so that he was always nearby if they needed his help. It is not that I don't believe that was David said was true, but I believe that his reasoning was only half of why he was staying somewhere else. David has always been a kind man, never treated anyone badly and all of his past girlfriends have claimed he was the nicest male specimen that they had ever met. But there is so many people that are constantly in the castle that I think that David is scared that he is going to meet his mate. Don't get me wrong, David isn't like Leo, his reasoning for not wanting a mate yet isn't because he wants to sleep around or he isn't ready for a commitment or anything. David wants to wait until he is finished school to find his mate so that his education is his first priority and he won't fall behind in his studies. He is scared to meet his mate because then she will become his number one thought and priority and he wants to be able to hold a good job and he doesn't want to be distracted with a mate until he can do so. That is what I suspect is the real reason that he refuses to live in the castle. 

So I can't visit David nor can I visit Devin or Dexter without having to listen to stupid revenge plans. The queen will be busy with the alphas and Wester was probably to busy with his mate right now. I was pretty much out of options for who I could talk to.

I closed my eyes and leaned back onto the pillow that I had originally buried my head in. As soon as I did though, I wished I hadn't. Bright purple eyes danced behind my eye lids tauntingly. I quickly opened my eyes and sat up. I can't afford to think about Than, I told myself, he is a hundred times worse than Leo

But you loved him, part of me whispered. It wasn't love what me and Than had though, it couldn't have been. He was just using me to get to what he needed. I felt tears prick up but I swallowed them back, I am not going to cry over him or Leo. I fell for Than's stupid tricks and Leo only wants me for power now.

I got up and looked out the window to the grounds below, what happened to the confident Callie from an hour ago? The one who was shivering in anticipation for revenge. What happened to the Callie that had improved and became a better person over the past year? How come as soon as Leo came back I started to crumble back into the helpless girl that I used to be?