seven

"I can't believe I have never been here." I mumbled as I took in the sight of the beautiful beach from Zayn's truck. A small group of people were already here and had built a bonfire far enough away from the ocean so the water would not put it out.

"Yeah it's beautiful, isn't it?"

I looked over to see him fumbling to get something out of a small plastic bag. When he retrieved it, I saw him pull out two small, paper-like squares. He held his on the tip of his finger and gave one to me, instructing me to do the same thing and it was then that I realized Zayn's superpower. He could get me to do anything. We put our index fingers up to each other's mouths and I looked at him expectantly, obviously knowing what was coming next.

"Bombs away." He whispered as we placed the substance on each other's tongues.

___

We made our way to the fire with Zayn's arm slung lazily over my shoulder. The only familiar faces I saw there were Zayn's mates on the football team and a girl in my History class named Grace. She was mixed with almond shaped eyes and curly hair that came down to her shoulders. I almost didn't recognize her because she usually has her hair up.

"Grace!" I yelled- probably louder than necessary- from across the fire. When she realized it was me who called her, she looked surprised at first but immediately came up to me and started chatting like she had known me her whole life. I have always admired people who you could talk to so easily like Grace.

The moment Grace and I got out the sparklers and started dancing with them to the loud music, was the moment I realized whatever Zayn gave me- was starting to take effect. I was in fucking bliss. A few other people got some sparklers for themselves and I closed my eyes and threw my head back while I spun in circles, sparklers in each of my hands. I spun until I couldn't anymore and fell on the ground, laughing. I felt someone take both my hands and pull me up. When I was fully standing, I opened my eyes and was met with a pair of piercing blue eyes. I couldn't remember his name but I knew his face and god- I thought I would die if I didn't kiss him, so I did. I grabbed the sides of his face and pulled his lips, very slowly down to mine and shared with him the most passionate kiss of my life. When we broke apart I grinned and his smile matched mine. I could only imagine what I looked like- insane. Bat shit crazy. I was still wearing that damn black dress, my once straightened hair was now frizzy and blowing in the wind, my eyes were brimmed with black mascara, and my feet were barefoot and dirty but goddammit- I felt free. And I felt alive.

And this boy-this boy whose name I forgot and who was looking at me with such admiration that I felt tears well up in my eyes, was sharing the best moment of my life with me and didn't even know it. I leaned up on my tippy-toes until my mouth was right next to his ear and whispered,

"3...2...1... Run."

And we did. We ran, and ran, and ran until I felt like my lungs were going to explode. Then, we collapsed on the sand with the rest of the crew by the still burning fire for about ten minutes or so in complete silence. We gazed up at the stars, the only sounds being our heavy breathing and the occasional popping sound coming from the fire until Grace whispered, "Have you guys ever gone skinny dipping?" That was all it took for all hell to break loose. Everyone began jumping up and taking off towards the moonlit ocean while stripping and yelling to the top of their lungs. I stood up and watched in awe as they splashed around and tackled each other.

"You coming or what?"

I looked over to see Zayn wearing only a pair of red briefs and I grinned before stripping off to my black bra and underwear and grabbed his hand. We both looked at each other and nodded before throwing our arms up and yelling while running down to the water.