Chapter 20

[A/N: i said we'd be back eventually and whoa man look here we are. i hope you've all enjoyed Letters To Gavin, and who knows maybe mari and i will come up with another mavin fic and everyone can get really impatient with our slow updates with that fic too. we love you all very much, and the epilogue will be up sometime but i'm not giving you a date bc we all know that never happens but it'll be there so ssshhh. we love you. ♥ -Mia & Mari]

(Michael's p.o.v.)

Something's weird.

From the minute I walked into the office, everything just seemed off. Everyone's smiling and they're happy- and I'm not saying it's not a good thing that they are; it just seemed all their happiness was directed towards me.

Did I do something? Was there something on my face? Was someone planning on pranking me?

I crossed those ideas out towards the middle of the day and figured whatever it was that was making everyone so damn happy would probably make me just as happy.

It was around two when Geoff and Ray asked if I wanted to go to lunch with them. I agreed, and we ventured out to Panda Express. 

"I'm just saying, it would be super cool if there were more animals in Minecraft. Like monkeys and octopuses and shit." Ray said.

"That's fucking ridiculous. It would only make things more complicated. I would be terrified if I was trying to build a house and a bear showed up. A bear, Ray. No way." Geoff replied. 

I only chuckled. Last week while filming a Let's Play, Ray and Geoff had a debate over the animal life in Minecraft. It went on and on until the end of the week, where I had thought it'd been resolved. 

"What do you think, Michael?" Ray asked, taking a drink.

"I don't think I could handle more animals. Could you imagine having to worry about lions or sharks? I can barely play with the animals already there, and I can already see Ryan doing some weird shit with them. I'm going to have to go with Geoff on this." I said.

"Thank you, Michael! My point exactly." Geoff exclaimed, giving me a high five. Ray raised his hands in offense. 

"You guys are lame." 

We continued on with conversations, joking and laughing about whatever came to mind.

Geoff's phone buzzed on the table, and immediately his and Ray's eyes went towards it. With the angle I was sitting at, I couldn't see what was exactly on the screen, but I knew it was a text message. Geoff picked up his phone, and upon reading the screen, he looked up at Ray and grinned. Ray's eyes widened, and gave Geoff a knowing smirk. 

"What's going on?" I asked, curious to know what it was that was making everyone so happy. What could it possibly be?

"Nothing." Ray said, nonchalantly. I made a face, and he knew I didn't buy it. 

"Shut up, Ray." Geoff said. "I actually just got confirmation on something I've been trying to order since January." 

"What is it?" I asked, looking at Ray's confused expression.

"Tickets for SXSW. For all of us." He replied. 

"Aw yeah!" Ray exclaimed, shooting Geoff a quick look. I don't think he realized I saw it. 

"Dude, that is awesome!" I said, a little too excited. I knew they were hiding something, and at that moment I became determined to find out what it was. 

"Did you get one for Gavin too?" Ray asked. I froze at the sound of his name. 

"Yes, as a matter of fact I did. He should be back in time." Geoff replied.