Chapter 17

(Gavin's p.o.v)

I've must have read the letter over a hundred times. I've read the damn thing so much I've memorized it.

I read it one more time just to hear the words in my head again.

Dear Gavin,
It was really good seeing you again, we need to do that more often. I think I'll skype you tomorrow. The guys and I watched the new slomoguys video at the office, and we all thought it was a really cool way to end Banger Week. 
Well, I'm a whole lot different here without you, to put it short.
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and maybe there's something more to this than I thought. 
It doesn't even seem like three months have passed at all. 
I miss you Gavin, I miss you a whole lot more than I ever could have imagined. Even with all the shit talking, and how mean I was to you, you're my best friend, Gav. My boi. Team Nice Dynamite.
Everything. 
You're everything to me. And I don't know if you feel the same way, and if you don't that's okay.
Just know that I do.
Love, Michael.

The words ran through my mind and I could feel the smile spread across my face. In the midst of my thoughts, I kept hearing Dan in the backround continuously apologizing.

"I'm so so sorry."

"Please don't hate me Gav."

Just the same pleads over and over. I immediately walked over to Dan as he was in the middle of another apology. 

"Listen you stupid idiot we don't have time for crying and apologies I have to get back to Austin."

Dan qucikly nodded. "Good luck, b."

I went online and quickly booked the next flight back to Austin, which wouldn't take flight until tomorrow morning.

I ran back into my room and packed furiously. I looked over at the letter and smiled. 

I love him. I really do love him. 

Dan walked into my room with a face of sadness.

"What's wrong?" I said with concern.

"I feel just awful about what I did."

I walked over to him and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"I can honestly say that if it weren't for this letter I'd probably be beyond furious, but you're my best friend and I can understand your reasoning. But right now I don't give a shit all I care about is getting back to Michael."

In fact, I was thinking about making it a surprise that I was coming back.

I quickly grabbed my phone and started texting Barbara and Ray

I got Michael's letter. It's a long story but I'm going back. I should be back in the morning but don't tell Michael I want it to be a surprise.

I immediately got a text from Barbara with a ":)" and then quickly after a text from Ray saying:

"This is going to be fun."

I smiled and continued packing. 

I can't wait to be back.