Chapter 3

(Gavin's p.o.v)

So it's been about a week since I arrived at Dan's house in England.

Don't get me wrong, I love England, it's my home, my birthplace, and I'm glad to see Dan but I'm really starting to miss Texas and all the guys. Although, there is one person I particularly miss, the  one person who has been running through my mind lately, Michael.

Funny isn't it? The one person who gives me the most shit, the person constantly telling me I'm stupid, worthless, and a piece of shit is the person I miss the most.

I got up from bed and walked to the kitchen to see Dan, wearing that cheeky grin he always seems to possess.

"Good morning Gav." He says, happily. "How are you mate?"

"Alright I suppose."  I replied.

"What's the matter b?" He asked, sounding concerned.

"Nothing just a bit bummed."

 ''You miss Texas don't you?" he said, making it sound more like a statement than a question.

"It's that obvious?" I asked, groaning.

 "And let me guess you miss Michael most of all?" He said with a slight laugh in his voice.

"Christ Dan, are you psychic?" 

"No you lump, but it gets pretty clear when you seem to fit Michael into every conversation." He laughed. I felt myself start to blush, and I tried my best to hide it.

"Go get the mail you big tomato the postman is here." He said, laughing at my embarrassment.

I walked outside to the mailbox. As usual there was a moderate stack of envelopes, mostly just bills and junk mail.

As I was flipping though the stack of envelopes I noticed there was a letter, from Michael? Is this a joke? The person who hates me the most sending me a letter?

It's probably a hate letter, but I guess there's only one way to find out. I opened the envelope, taking out the piece of paper waiting inside.

As I read the letter, confusion but overall happiness filled my emotions. Michael missed me. He actually missed me.  It was shocking, and I had only been gone a week! 

I decided that since it had only been a mere week and Michael was suddenly writing letters to me, I couldn't let him wait any longer.

I walked back inside, smiling like a fool. 

"Is everything alright?" Dan asked, noticing my slight change in mood.

"Top. Absolutely top." I said, beaming. He only smiled and shook his head as he walked out to the patio.

I walked to my room, pen and paper in my hand, sat down at the small wooden desk, and began to write.

Dear Michael,

How's Texas? How's work? Yeah, you're right I am really surprised that you, Michael Jones, decided to write me. But if it makes any difference, your letter gave me one of the biggest smiles I've had in a while. I miss the guys, I miss Joe, and I miss Texas in general. It's funny that you say that, cause believe it or not, I miss you a whole lot too. And be sure to tell Millie that her hug is coming real soon. Shoutout to Ray for giving you the idea, us writing to each other is so much better than getting a tweet or text. By the way, Dan says hi and thank you for making a giant portrait of him in minecraft. He loved it. I have some slomoguy's stuff that needs to be taken care of, and if you're expecting replies than I am too. I hope to write to you soon, and tell the boys I said hey.

Love, your boi Gavin.

P.S. do you think it's possible to seduce someone with mayonaise?

I smiled looking at my letter. I hope he likes it.

I folded it neatly and placed it into an envelope with a stamp and his address. I walked back outside feeling a bit nervous yet excited to get it mailed out. I placed the letter in the mail box and placed the red flack up, signaling for the postman to take it to Michael.

I walked back inside and plopped on the couch, closing my eyes and slowly falling asleep thinking of Michael.