The Prince's Prophecy

PLEASE READ! Yes, I did a double upload & because I did so, YOU MUST VOTE FOR BOTH CHAPTERS!! I NEED 100 VOTES ON BOTH CHAPTERS BEFORE I WILL UPLOAD AGAIN!

Now, enjoy :) xo      (play the song with the chapter, it's a beautiful piece of music.)

====================================================================

chapter/13.

You gave it all into the call
You took a chance and
You took the fall for us
My love, look what you can do
I am mending, I'll be with you

It was the wrong person by my side.

I had came with Nathaniel, my sweet and caring Nathaniel. But it wasn't Nathaniel that I should be with. And deep down, I knew it was true. 

Looking away, a large frame caught my eye. It was behind the kings desk, high on the wall and it contained not a photo, but words. Without thinking, I walked to it. And then I read it.  

In huge words above the writing, were the words 'The Prophecy' and everything was written in really fancy cursive. The paper it was on looked extremely old and worn. It read,  

        It shall be known, that the heir to the throne in the seventh reign of the royal vampiric coven of America and the kingdom it holds of the Vaughn blood line, will be the eldest living descendant of the sixth reigning king and queen. He will become king and his queen shall be his natural born mate, a mortal with-

"Snooping, are we?" I jumped at the voice. When I turned, I saw Micah leaned up against the doorway with his arms crossed and his face blank. I didn't even get to finish reading it.

Stuttering, I replied, "Uh, no no, I was just, uh, exploring."

He ignored my comment and blurred over to me, peering up at the so-called prophecy.

He shoved his hands in his pockets and huffed. "I see you took interest in the prophecy. Interesting isn't it? It was written over 3000 years ago by the very first elders of our kind. There has never been a prophecy that hasn't been fulfilled."

When I didn't reply, he continued. "My father is the sixth reigning king." He let it process in my mind. And process it did.

Staring at the words, I muttered, "So, you're the heir that the prophecy is talking about?"

With bitterness in his voice, he answered, "Unfortunately yes."

There was an unfamiliar sinking feeling in my gut. In a small voice I questioned, "Have you found your mate?"

He hissed, "Yes."

My stomach dropped.

I couldn't explain why, I couldn't explain how but it upset me. For some reason, in the back corner of my mind, I had wished he would feel something for me.

But he had a mate, and they were clearly meant to be together. He probably even loved her..

Running from the room before he could question it, I let the tears spill from my eyes.

**

Of course, I should have known better.

I didn't even make it to the door. He appeared in front of me and I literally ran straight into his rock hard body. His eyes searched my face and his own showed.. Confusion?