Don't Look Into His Eyes

This chapter is dedicated to SexieMonkey , my official spokes person for this story! Thank you for following this story with such dedication & commenting on every chapter. She gets on people to vote more than I do xD

50 votes for an upload ------->

-There is nothing more precious than life. Cherish it, you never know when it could be cut short-

===========================================================================

 The music-----> has anyone else ever listened to them? they have some epic pieces.. play this while reading :)

ChapterTen.

Taking me by surprise, he did the unexpected. He crashed his lips into my own.

The contact of our lips instantly sent an electric current through my body, and I kissed back with as much intensity as I could muster up inside me. It was unlike any kiss I had ever shared with anyone. He cupped my face with his hand and used the other to hold me to him.

So gentle, so caring..

I didn't have the thought process to be able to register what I was doing, all I knew was how wonderful it felt. Breathing heavily, he pulled away momentarily. When I pressed my lips back to him eagerly, he smiled against them and grabbed my face with both hands.

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and I sighed against his lips, feeling like I never have before.

It was sweet, beautiful almost and I wanted nothing more than to feel his lips on my own. And when he broke away, I locked eyes with him. I wasn't sure what I saw reflecting back at me, his eyes were burning into my own.

Nathaniel opened his mouth to speak, then closed it. There was something he wanted to say, I could tell that much. I whispered, "What is it?"

Taking a deep breath first, he spoke, "No matter what happens, no matter what, you must not ever fall in love with Micah."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I almost laughed at the thought, "I could never love someone like him."

Standing up straight, he ran a hand through his hair and raised his eyebrows, "You would be surprised at how many women he's courted, even with his arrogant attitude."

I was a bit perplexed and confused, I didn't want to talk about Micah after what I had just shared with Nathaniel. I wanted Micah to be the last thing on my mind. Yet, now he wasn't.

Shrugging off his jacket and shoes, Nathaniel climbed onto my bed next to me and I snuggled into his chest, feeling comfort there. I sighed out of happiness and he asked, "What was that for?"

Giggling a little, I replied, "This cuddling with me is becoming a regular thing."

He gently stroked his hand along my arm that was draped over him and mumbled, "Is that a bad thing?"

Smiling as I closed my eyes, I thought out loud, "Not at all, not at all."

--------------

Landon hadn't been to work in weeks. It was clear that it was due to the fact that he was a vampire. Of course, no one else knew that except for myself. Sharon had kept me busy with petty work, not that it was much different from what Landon had been making me do.

When I asked her where he was or why he wasn't at work, she told me he had mono. I wasn't aware mono made you drink human blood..

My office was quiet now, aside from the hum of the building. Yes, I had officially declared it my office, I even brought a couple pictures and decorations in to really make it my own.