Some Questions Are Better Left Unanswered

Thank you to everyone supporting this story, & to everyone who guessed what was going to happen, some were close & some were way off xD here you all go........

50 VOTES!!!!!!! for an upload:)

=================================================================

ch.6

--I set fire to the rain, and I threw us into the flames. Where I felt something die-- But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew.----

Regaining my breath, I relaxed when Nathaniel placed his arm around me. Micah began to growl again and clenched his teeth, "Remove your arm from her."

Nathaniel began to speak, "After what you've done to her, you don't have any say in what I-"

"It doesn't change who she is!" Micah yelled.

I interrupted, "Can we just get to the dreams?"

Micah shot me a look but when he spoke again he was calm, "Fine. The girl you've been seeing in your dream, the girl that you assumed was yourself? She was my sister."

But I could have swore she was myself. I thought I had been seeing myself die over and over again. "No," his voice interrupted, "It was not you. Unfortunately she did have similiar features as yourself. She was killed a few years ago. By filthy, pathetic humans."

This made me feel uneasy.

He continued, looking out of the window, "She was supposed to take the throne, only a few days after she died. Now that she's dead, I'm forced to. I never wanted to be king, never wanted to rule. She should have taken the throne, she would have been a wonderful leader. She was so gentle yet so wise."

I softly spoke. "Why did they kill her?"

His head whipped around, "Why don't you ask Nathaniel?" He said bitterly.

Turning to look at Nathaniel, his face was rigid and emotionless. I nudged him and he blinked then looked at me. He finally found his words, "Her mate was a human. He was in love with her and he was willing to take the throne along side of her, also meaning he was willing to be changed."

I had a sharp intake of breath as the thought registered. He had to be a vampire to rule with her.

He continued, "I- I loved her as well but I never let anyone know that until a few days before she was murdered. When I told her, she immediately told me she loved me also and not her mate."

I questioned, "How could she not love her mate?"

He replied, "Just because they are your mate, doesn't mean you will love them. Mates are made for each other, they compliment each other but that doesn't create love."

Nodding my head in understanding, I asked, "So who killed her then?"

He bitterly replied, "Her mate." I gasped. "She told him that she loved me but she would still have to take the throne with him because royalty can only become king or queen with their mate, no one else."

I took it all in, letting in register. Then Micah spoke again, "So you see? It's HIS fault my sister is DEAD!"

It was such a sad story, so much grief and guilt. I felt awful for both of them. One lost their sister and the other lost their lover. It was really just terrible.

Asking no one in particular, "Why am I having dreams about her though?"

Something passed over Micah's face but it was gone as quickly as it appeared, there was something that he wasn't telling me, "I don't know," he replied. Yes, he was definitely hiding something.