You Can Go When Your Dead

Don't get anxious I know the start of this chapter is kind of slow, but it picks up I promise ;)

(It's a perfect denial; such a beautiful lie to believe in.)---> Good song xD

============================================

Chapter one.

I was sleeping, that I was sure of. I blinked but there was nothing, just darkness. Black, all around. I heard voices far away but none that I recognized.

"She's fading.." 

"NO! Tell me where you are!"

"You knew this would happen."

"TELL ME!"

"The prophecy.."

"Screw the prophecy! She was destined for greatness, she could have changed everything."

"It has to be this way."

"So help me, I will rip your head off."

There was a bright flash and  when I could see again, my eyes locked on someone laying in front of me. It was a petite, short girl and there was a man holding her head in his hands, his own head hanging low. I couldn't see her face but there was crimson, thick blood covering the ground around her and staining her flowing blonde hair.

There was an excruciating pain that errupted in my chest and I fell to my knees, clutching my sternum.

The voices in my head continued,

"Oh God, her eyes, her eyes aren't blue anymore. They're gray."

"I can smell the blood, where are you!"

"It's too late."

"No!"

My breaths became short and raspy as I gasped for air. I couldn't bring my head back up to watch the scene in front of me.

"She's gone."

And then blackness.

----

Waking up in a sweat, I remembered the dream I had just had. I looked around myself and saw my new room in my apartment, boxes still sat on the floor that needed unpacking.

Sitting up in my bed, I thought about the men in the alley and then the voices. What a couple of insane dreams, my imagination must have been having a hay day. I swung my feet over the side of my bed and noticed I still had on my clothes from the interview.

I must have passed out when I got home last night, not surprising since I had been there so late waiting on my new arrogant boss. Speaking of, what time is it?

The clock on my side table read 5:39. Plenty of time until I had to be at the office for my first day. I groaned getting out of bed and making my way through my dark room with my hands, being careful not to kick anything that would hurt.

Luckily, the coffee machine had been set up so I made a pot for myself. The skirt was riding up way past my butt, not that it mattered. It was just me and Alex, my sister, here and she was definitely sound asleep.

Rubbing my eyes and letting out an obnoxious yawn, I walked to the bathroom and turned on the light. It was blinding to my tired eyes and it took a minute to adjust. I stretched my arms up and slowly opened my blue eyes to the mirror hanging in front of me.