The One where Monica and Ross's Sister Moves in

Evelyn's pov

"Hey Mon, so I was wondering uh do you have an extra room I can crash in for a few?" I asked trying to keep my voice steady. I had just broken up with my long term boyfriend and I was in a very fragile state.

"Ya sure honey what's going on?" She asked sweetly.

"I'll talk to you about it when I get there." I said ending the call. I packed up the rest of my clothes and shut my door leaving for the cab I called.

I got in and thought about my dreadful week. First I had gotten fired from my job, I lost the keys to my apartment and my boyfriend had been having an affair for the last year and a half. How could I have been so foolish to not notice, we hadn't had sex in at least 3 months. I noticed he payed attention more to girls when we were out. He barely talked to me and when he did it was about him going out or us fighting of something small.

Before I know it I'm out side of her apartment and I thank the driver and pay him. I buzzed her apartment.

"Hello?" Her voice came through

"It's Eve." I say and she let me in and I went up. I knocked on her door and it opened.

"Eve!" She hugged me tight and saw my tear stained face. Her smile dropped.

"Oh Evie honey come in tell me what happened. Was it Tom?" She asked. I set my suitcase on the ground and took off my coat.

"Ya it's about Tom. Mon, he's been cheating on me for a year and a half! How could I have been so blind!" I burst into tears. She hugged me again and motioned me to the couch.

"How could he! You too have been together since high school!" She said handing me tissues.

"I know. I just don't know what I did wrong." I blew my nose and tossed it wherever when she caught it and put it in a trash can.

"So how's Ross?" I questioned changing the subject.

"Oh good him and Rachel are together." She said.

"Rachel Greene?!" I gasped. "I haven't seen here since high school!" I added.

"Yes I know, Ross is still friends with Chandler and he has a roommate, Joey." She said naming them.

"Oh and Phoebe you know her she's still around." She added. I nodded. I then heard the door open and I turned to see Ross, Chandler and I think Joey.

"Oh my god, Evie?!" Ross exclaimed. I stood up and he ran up and hugged me.

"Hi. Hey how are you?" I said letting go.

"Great! I didn't know you were coming to town." He said.

"Ya Tom and I kinda broke up so."

"Whoa you and Tom?!" Chandler cut in.

"Ya. It's over," I said sadly. I still wanted to cry.

"How you doin?" I heard Joey say. I looked up at him and he was giving a smirk.

"No!" Ross and Monica  said and he jumped.

"This is Joey my roommate." Chandler explained.

"Nice to meet you Joey." I said and I looked at Chandler who had been staring at me.

"Um Chandler?" I said and he snapped out of where ever he was.

"Ya?" He said.

"You were like somewhere else." I said giggling.

"Oh I was just uh contemplating life. He said jokingly. I laughed.

"So Eve we should go to the Coffee shop and catch up." Mom said. The rest agreed. Then I remembered.

"Ross Geller! You and Rachel are finally together! You owe me 30 bucks!" I said. Ross paled.

"Oh you still remember that?" He said.

"Yep now hand it over princess." I said holding my hand out. He pulled out his wallet and handed me a 20 and a 10. I was already feeling a little better. It felt good to be with friends.

Once we arrived at the coffee shop they all say down and I shared half a chair with Chandler.

"So Evie you got a place to stay?" Chandler asked.

"Ya I'm thinking about staying over at Monica's for a couple days, just to clear my head." I nodded.

"Oh so your not staying?" He asked kind of disappointed.

"I can't just drop everything and come live here. That's insane." I said I hadn't noticed the rest of the group staring at us.

"Well why not?"

"Because I have a job and an apartment with my stuff-"

"And an ex boyfriend whose been cheating on you for about 2 years." Monica said quietly but I could still here her. I glared at her.

"No I can't just pick up and leave." I said upset.

"I wouldn't want to stay with him in my life." Monica said.

"Well I didn't ask for your opinion now if you'll excuse me." I got up and left. It hadn't been a whole day and Monica was already pissing me off. I arrived back at the apartment and sat in the spare bedroom.

"Ugh why me?"