Chapter 16

"I don't want to go to school" I groan as I throw my bag behind my back.

"Girl you have a month and a few days before you graduate so I don't even want to hear any of that" Tika says.

"Fine! I'll go but I don't want too" I say pouting.

She laughs, "Little girl here eat your food so we can get going".

Ever since August and I got back from Tampa I've decided to go back to living with Tika. In a few months I'll be living with August so I want to give Tika all my attention.

"These eggs are so damn good Tika" I say munching away on my breakfast.

"Thanks Indy" She says putting the dishes away.

"What're we doing after school ?" I ask.

"Um I didn't have anything specific to do, what's up ?" She ask.

"I don't know tomorrow is senior skip day they heading to the beach so I won't have any homework tomorrow" I say.

"Just chill then Indy you going to the beach tomorrow, just invite August and Mandi over for dinner I'll make Arroz con pollo, plantano y frijoles negro ( Rice & Chicken , Plantains & black beans).".

"Yum sounds great will do" I say smiling.

"Let's get you to school" She says grabbing her bag.

Arriving to school I grab my book bag then wave Tika goodbye. This school could not get any worse it isn't even the school nor the teachers well some of the teacher are good. The students transferring from who know where are making this place a mess.

"Best friend!" Mandi says hugging me.

"Hey Bestfriend ! Hey Steven" I greet them.

"What's up Indy ? Welcome back" He says hugging me.

"It's great to be back" I say smiling. "Dinner at my place around 7?".

"I'm down!" Steven says laughing.

"Of course you are" Mandi and I say at the same time.

"We need to hit another party" Mandi whines.

"No we don't" I say.

"Girl we about to graduate soon we need too! Well college parties are way more lit so I can wait till then" She says laughing.

"I can't wait to start our new life it's going to be amazing" I say.

"Same" Mandi says.

"Bye baby" Mandi kisses Steven.

"Ew" I say scrunching up my face.

My phone vibrates in my pocket; I pull out it's a message from August.

"What you want to eat after school ?".

"Get us some McDonald's" I reply.

"Bet. Love ya baby girl".

"Love you too Aug".

"Ms.Robinson would you like to put the phone away?" My teacher ask.

"Sorry" I say putting it in my bag.

"Alright class first thing first we got a new transfer from Mrs.G class she has to finish up her course here so welcome her" Mr.Lance says.

"Hi" She says shyly then goes back to her seat.

"Why don't you sit with Indyah I'm sure she has no problem catching you up on what we've been doing" He says.

I mentally roll my eyes at him. I raise my hand letting her know who I am. I look back at Mandi she begins laughing. "You in this too" I say.