Chapter 11

I examine the outfit Mandi picked out for me. I'd never wear shorts like these , I can deal with the shirt I wear cami's all the time. I run my hands through my hair I put all of it up and wear it in a high ponytail.

Today's our senior barbecue and it's hot as fuck. August come up behind me wrapping his arms around me. I start smiling as he kiss my cheek then my neck. "You wearing that out there?" He ask.

"Yeah baby it's hot" I say.

"I need to be in high school again cause them little high school niggas don't know how to keep they hands off females" He says getting jealous.

I turn around facing him. "Don't worry baby they ain't shit , you shouldn't be worry about that I'm quick to slap some body" I say laughing.

"Beside them shorts being too damn short you look good baby" He says looking at me.

I start blushing "Thank you.". "I should get going baby I'll see you when I get out" I say grabbing my purse.

"How you getting to school ?" He ask.

"I'm walking" I say.

"Nope... Let go I'm taking you to school ain't no walking when yo nigga got a car" August says.

"I'm use to it baby it's nothing.".

"Nah come on grab whatever you need I'll go start the car" He says exiting out the room.

I follow him down the stairs. Heading into the kitchen I grab a apple and some water. I make a mental note to text Tika once I'm in the car.

"What're you doing today?" I ask him putting on my seat belt.

"Gonna go down to the stash house check out some shit and talk to the boss... Then once you get home I'm gonna lay up with you all damn night" He says.

I start smiling. "What would your friends think about you wanting to be cuddle up with me all night?".

"I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks baby, I'll still kill a nigga on sight with no fucking regrets but when a nigga gets a girl he can tune down that thug shit for her.".

"I like the sensitive you more anyway..... You don't feel bad for ending these people lives? Knowing they got family?" I ask looking at him.

"I mean I do sometimes but this the shit that come with the territory, I can't feel bad for every dude that try me when I kill them I wouldn't have the street cred I got now" He says.

"I couldn't do it, shit I could hardly hurt a damn spider" I say.

August laughs "Thats the difference between you and I baby... This all I know the streets raised me and with you , you had a stable person to give you guidance and shit".

I lean over and kiss him. "I still love you... And I know this is only for now".

"I love you too baby girl... Gimme a kiss before you get out" He says. I lean closer to him meeting him half way and kiss his soft lips. "I'll see you later baby girl" He says.

"Bye baby, I'll call you once I'm out" I say getting out the car.

Popping a stick of gum in my mouth I then proceed towards the main entrance. Heading towards the auditorium I spot Mandi in our usual meet up spot. "Morning" I say smiling at her.

"Good morning the baddest bitch!" She says laughing. Mandi is always so bubbly and so hyper even in the damn morning.

"Me the baddest... Nope that's you" I say. I honestly thought Mandi was better looking than I was. Maybe her outgoing personality made me feel that way.