Chapter 12

"August don't leave" I say pouting.

"Baby I gotta go do a few thing promise I'll be back in a few" He says carrying me down the stairs.

"No how about I go with you?" I ask.

"Nope not an option Indyah, I'm not risking shit letting you ride with me" He says.

"Baby come on I don't want to stay here alone for four hours.".

"Call Mandi to come up here" He says.

"No I want to be with my boyfriend" I say. I haven't talked to Mandi since the incident. I'm really just not feeling anyone. All I want to be is hugged up with August.

"Fine man but you staying in the car when I go pick up some shit" He says.

"Yay! No problem baby" I say kissing him.

"You such a baby when you with me" He says laughing.

"So you like my baby ass anyway" I say sticking my tongue out.

"Come here" He says signaling me. I put my arms around his neck. He looks down at me while biting on his lower lips looking all seductive. August is the only guy who has brought this freaky side of me out.

"You gonna kiss me now?" I ask laughing.

"Nope" He says laughing.

I squint my eyes and twist my lips up. "Stop playing baby give me a kiss then we can go" I say. August leans down and kiss me. "Love your kisses" I say.

"I love yours too baby, shit I love everything about you" He says smiling.

We make our way out. We go from big nice houses and nobody outside to a bunch of apartments and everybody outside playing cards , dealing and some of the females being hoes per usual. People eyeing August cars especially the females.

"Come on" August says.

"I can come" I say laughing.

"Yeah let's go big head" He says chuckling.

Walking up the stairs of the apartment the smell of weed and piss hits my nose. The smell is so repulsive. He knocks on apartment A then this chick opens up. "What up Monique where Morris at?" August ask

"He in the back" She says. The girl eyes him hard as fuck as if he was a piece of chocolate. "This you?" She ask rolling her eyes at me.

"Yeah this my baby , you good what's up with the attitude?" He ask sternly.

"Hm nothing at all" She says.

"Stay here baby , Monique treat my girl like family" Aug says

"Hm so you his new flavor of the week?" She ask with a smirk on her face.

"Nope , I'm his girl friend something you wouldn't know about being".

She laughs , "Bitch when August was all up in my guts he knew what it was he going to get rid of you soon" She says.

"Honey nobody cares about you and that old ass fling... So just calm yo dusty ass down" I say.

"Bitch ! You ain't shit but a little ass girl I will drag you!" She yells getting up out her seat.

"Bitch please do it!" I say getting up in her face.

August comes out and practically bum rushes her. "Yo Monique fuck I told you!" He yells.

"I'm sorry August I just wanted her to know who had you first" She says.

"Yeah but you was just a fuck and duck Monique so chill it ain't serious " He says casually.

"Let's go baby, I'll hit you up later Morris" He says taking my hand.

"These hoes really mad baby" I say laughing.

"Don't mind them they ain't shit just mad you got my heart" He says kissing me.

"Do I really August?" I ask.

"Of course Indyah I genuinely love you , I'm in love with you girl" He says holding my hand.

"I'm in love with you too Aug, I just don't want any secrets between us. Like my main thing is be honest with me and stay loyal that's all I want" I say.

"You got that baby, you never have to worry about me cheating you the best thing I happen to me in a while" He says.

"I hope so baby".

After driving around all over the damn hood. Picking up money from people August pulls up to this house to make his drop. "Stay in the car, lock the doors... If someone comes up to this car drive off" He says taking his gun out.

"Wait baby maybe I should come with you I have a bad feeling about this" I say.

"Here this for you keep this on your lap and get in the driver seat"He says getting out.

"Baby I love you" I say before he walks away. I can't feel this feeling that we aren't suppose to be here.

"I love you too baby, just stay calm alright" He says then close the door. I lock the car doors and start looking around. "Lord please keep my baby safe" I pray.

This van pulls up and these guys step out wearing all black. I pull out my phone and text August but I have no signal out here. My heart starts racing, I don't know what to do. If I get out this car I'll get killed, if I don't August might get killed. Next thing I hear gun shots going off.

I start the car and drive through the gate. August comes running out with blood on his shirt. I unlock the doors. "Are you okay!?" I ask looking over his body.

"I'm good baby drive don't look back" He shouts. I put the car in drive and speed out. "Keep driving we not going back to my house just yet I need to lay low for this week." He says.

"What the fuck happen?" I ask.

"Someone ratted us out and gave up our spot they tried to rob us" August says. He holds on tight to the black bag.

"August this isn't the life for you ! I won't deal with everyday constant fear of loosing you." I say.

"Baby I promise I just need a few months and I'll be done with all this shit but I can't leave like that".

"Where we going ?" I ask.

"I got a homeboy up in Tampa area we staying there till shit calms down" He says.

"Really all the way in Tampa! What about my sister, Mandi?".

"They good they got nothing to do with us... I ain't letting nobody hurt you okay we good pull up here I need to change".

Once he change and we get some food to last us the trip. We switch places so I can get some rest. This day has been very eventful.