Chapter eight

"originals?"

"yes originals that's the only explanation it has to be" Bash trys to explain to me.

"but I thought they were all killed off centries ago so how did the boys inherit their wolf" Cody questions

"well their is no way to tell for certain, all the records of the massacre were destroyed, at the time it was thought that they were destroyed to protect the guilty from prosecution but maybe it was to protect the survivors from the same fate" Bash says finally making eye contact with me "and well some how somewhere your sons family tree links up with one of the three original families"

I walk into the other room where my sons were fast asleep, my little angles. how is it that they can be members of the original families, is it my fault am I part of the same family or is it because of him the monster that hurt me. oh god what if he finds out what will he think will he come looking for them?

I walked out of their room and down to the records room in the basement. as I walked in the door I got a whiff of dust I started to cough uncontrollably for a few seconds

when was the last time someone was down here?- my wolf asked

I don't know telling by the amount of dust down here I'd say a few years at least

what are we looking for anyways-said my wolf

for any record of the originals duh

but I thought that all records of the massacre were destroyed?

they were but the records of the following years weren't and since this pack is one of the oldest packs in history then we might get lucky and find some trace of there survival that was over looked be for since now we know where to look

you know something you're really smart

oh stop it your making me blush...oh who am I kidding I love it when you praise me

I started looking around for the record logs of the years right after the war when I noticed a log from before the war about 200 years before the war and I just couldn't help my self

1340

-its been seven long years since we made the voyage to this land and still we are no safer than when we first arrived. we were promised land wealth and prosperity but we were met by savages who come at night and slander our families. our arriving party was 207 men and now they have dwindled our numbers down to 36 men 24 women and 13 children and of those children 2 are my sons are family like most has lost loved ones for us it was my eldest daughter Nikolet of 8 years. but today we are finally given a chance to defend ourselves and our families for we have sot out help and found a witch who is willing to help us.

1341

-we no longer cower in fear of these blood sucker no we stand and fight for we are strong and fast as they are. we can walk freely throughout our town at any time of night for it is them who are now the weaker prey. its been months since we had a death of one of our own. at first after the change we were no better off then we were before but now that we have learned to accept our wolves and that they are a part of us we have learned to track better and all of our senses are heightened they are the ones running from us. the only problem is that after the first change the witch disappeared and since only Michel, James and I made the journey to see her we are the only ones of our kind. Even so the three of us together are enough to keep the bloodsuckers on the run

1342

-its been two years since we first shifted and we have found a way to turn others into wolves.all it takes is one bite and on the next full moon they become one of us, except none of the wolves we make are as strong as us and their wolves are different colors they are not white like me or black like Michel or even grey like James instead they are a mixture of colors. my wife and I have just added a new member to our family our son was born just last week and as the full moon grows closer I find myself fearing my sons fate. their has been two sons born into the Michelsons and both the boys shifted into wolves on their first full moon. and I would do anything to keep my son from having to endure that much pain he is far too young to go through a shift since even full grown men cry out in pain having every bone in their body broken and reset.

1350

-our suspicions were correct all children fathered by wolves have inherited our wolves and those born into the three original families find their wolf on their first full moon it seemed that for the rest the age varies most find theirs when they are angered or frightened another thing we have discovered is that the color of your wolf is also inherited from your parents and their wolves.

as I closed the log i ran my hand over the cover and found an imprint of some kind i couldn't quite make out what is was so i started to look for a pencil and paper. once i found one i began to trace over the cover to reveal the hidden insignia which strangely resembled a wolf in front of a moon but if one turned it on its side it also looked like an oak tree. wait i know that oak tree anywhere that is our family crest my father branded it on everything that belongs to our family from a piece of paper to the family company.

"do you know what that means sweetie...it means we are part of one of the original werewolf families"

************************************************************************************************************

sorry i haven't updated in so long there has just been a lot going on with school and work and my family. but I'm going to try and update soon i promise but until then i hope this chapter is enough I've slowly been working on it during my free time hope you like it tell me what you think don't be shy. but really thanks for reading this far i really appreciate it .