Sunsets are red and so are roses...red with blood

Damion POV

As my group of warriors, led by me, rounded a thicket of thorns, we came across a clearing with a dilapidated hut. Lifting my nose to the breeze, a little whiff of heaven fills my nostrils. "Roza" I whisper softly. As if that was the command to charge my big head lifted to the sky and I let out a tremendous cry for my love. In one Mexican wave-like movement we leapt out of the brush and stormed the hut and the lousy, flea bitten lones.

Roza POV

My hoarse cry echoed mockingly off of the barren walls. I had no idea if I was just dreaming or had died and was lingering in purgatory. All I knew was that I smelt my handsome Lord and I harboured a flicker of flame, morphing into a burning inferno of hope. Hope that I would see another sunrise and sunset in the arms of my saviour.

King Valence POV

I had gone for a long run and my head seemed clearer, my body hardening for more sweet, torturous, pain-filled screams. In the distance the sound of clashing bodies roused me from my sick role plays. "The fuck?" I think, before lengthening my stride. "What is going on?" I mindlink my second in command, thinking that if somethings happened on his head it would be. "Just a slight mishap, your highness" his breathless mental voice flits into my gnarled brain. "What kind of mishap, boy?" I snarl viciously. The tentative answer to my question enters my mind a few minutes later, "Lord Damion has come". Letting out an earth shattering roar my mind becomes overrun with blood. Bursting out of the trees I take in the massacre taking place before my eyes. Discounting the trembling begs for mercy by my riff-raff pride, I storm over to the hut, crushing allies and foes and ripping through throats with my sharp, deadly teeth. Nothing registers except my need for my babydolls blood. She did this, she betrayed my precious love and for that she will pay...dearly.

Damion POV

Pride fills me completely as I take in the wrath my pride inflicts upon the dirty rabid fiends that had dared steal away the only heart that matters. Fueled by irrevocable and irrefutable love, I glide ferociously to the entryway of the hut. Following my nose I pick up on he faint, panic-stricken cries of my dainty flower. Death clouds my vision, Valences death. My eyes, burning a neon gold with flecks of red, show me the horrific, beastly sight of Rose chained, bare and battered, to the wall. Fury drives me out of my stunned stupor. Growling, I charge toward King Valence, intent only on the destruction of the bastard that had dared lay a harmful hand onto MY soulmate in the most painful and slow way possibly. The force of my tackle sends Valences body flying into the far wall, sending tremors rippling outwards and upwards causing stone dust to rain down onto my sweaty, blood covered fur. Quickly pivoting I bite through the chains holding Rose, catching her on my back before resting her against the wall. The sound of an anger filled snarl diverts my attention from my tortured soulmate and back on to the bestial, psychotic devil recovering from the surprise blow.

Rose POV

In slow motion, through my hazy, blurry vision, I see Damion and Valence charge towards each other, Heads down, claws extended and teeth bared. Through the ringing in my ears I hear war. The sound of anguished cries to loved ones as fighters take their last bloody breath. I hear the screams of pain as bones shatter and crack, so closely echoing my own. The slow bated intakes of breath as the opponents face each other, identifying weaknesses and strengths. Strategically plotting the combination hits needed to end the life of the other. 1...2...3 in and out and in. Then the leap of faith towards the enemy, drool whistling through the air as teeth clamp down hard on the neck of my nightmare. Shock registers in the eyes of Valence as with an almighty roar Damion tears his throat out in a spray of warm blood. Choking on bile and blood, a cackle of a laugh fights out from the confines of my chest. Long Live the King I think sarcastically. Damion turns and as his eyes lock with mine he shifts into his exhausted human form. Stumbling towards me, he collapses onto his knees, "Roza" he chokes quietly, tears falling from his haunted eyes as his warmth, strength and security wraps around my weak body. Lifting me effortlessly into his muscular arms he carries me out into the receding daylight. Squinting I take in the tongues of fire licking at the edges of the incoming darkness. Closing my eyes I relish the feeling of soft hazy summer warmth caressing my beaten body. My heart is filled by the presence of Damion and I finally stop fighting. Instead I relinquish my fear and disorientation, I let myself for once really relax and I cherish the feeling knowing I'm safe in the arms of the Lord of my heart, soul, mind, spirit and body. I whisper six words before letting my body drift into a comforting, rejuvenating sleep, "I'm in love with you, Damion."