Blood red roses

Damions POV

It had been two months since my flower had been plucked from under my nose. I had not slept, eaten nor washed properly in those long heartless months. I had been searching for her near and far and refused to stop until I found her alive or...or dead. I didn't understand how King Valence had gotten away with her. It was like he had disappeared off of the face of the earth. It didn't make any sense. Myself and my pack fighters had been back to King Valences territory and it was like he never existed. Seraphina had been an emotional train wreck, much like myself she hadn't eaten, slept or washed since Rose had disappeared. Although she had found love again in the form of my dads best friend. I knew couldn't lose my Roza like I had lost my parents and half of my pride years previously.

"My Lord" Steve's voice hesitantly murmurs. Ever since Roza disappeared I had been colder and more calculating and ruthless then ever before, for that reason my pride had been trying to avoid angering me at all. "WHAT IS IT STEVE?" I growl. "We found something my Lord, it smells of my Lady" Immediately I'm up and out of the door, mindlinking the pride warriors to get them to gather outside by the rose bush I had planted the night Rose disappeared. "My Lord?" Dan asks, "there's been a scenting, we might of found my Roza" immediately my pride start organising the attack formation. I'm way too skittish to find my soulmate it's literally taking all my willpower to not go vigilante and strike off on my own which will most likely get my Roza killed and possibly myself. "Lets go, now" I order my pride as we all shift and head off following Steve to where my sweetest heart of hearts may be.

King Valence POV

Power. That's what I feel as I exit the dungeon I'm keeping my babydoll in. I had just finished releasing my frustration onto Rose. A sick, twisted and sinister smile curls up my lips as I remember the sound of Roses screams. I had told her she would be screaming my name and she had been, repeatedly, as I exacted my sadistic fantasies onto her soft, pale body. Laughter builds in my stomach as I taste her blood on my tongue, so much fiery passion in such a small, weak body. I couldn't wait till she broke. My thoughts begin to shift and swirl into a red kaleidoscope of anger and resentment. Two months I had had her, two months I had inflicted unspeakable acts of torture, on her mind, soul and body and still she refused to break. It was driving me deeper into the black abyss of delirium. Leaving the abandoned, ramshackle cabin my sweetheart was confined in, I decided to go for run, I had nearly lost control and killed her earlier. She had gotten me so riled, insulting me and my strength that I cut too deep into her throat. She had almost lost too much blood to survive but I fixed that by cauterising the cut with a white hot poker, I used for branding. I knew I had to leave before I ended her existence.

Rose POV

Two months I had been here at the mercy of a mad man. My body was beaten beyond recognition. My mind scarred permanently from the horrors I had been subjected to. The only reason I hadn't broken was my love Damion. I knew he was searching for me, I could feel it in my shattered bones and bloated gut. I remember with the kind of sick hysterical humour a prisoner can only achieve after serious torture how good it had felt to break the man I despised. He had lost it and I had felt in control for the first time in two long months. It had felt good. Knowing he had retreated for a run, I began assessing my surroundings once again. King Valence had a routine he would come down and hurt me for hours then he would leave to go for a run, I would take this time with him gone trying to find a way to escape. It was what gave me hope, knowing I had the resilience and determination to escape hell on earth. Suddenly I smelt the smell I dreamt of every moment I wasn't consumed in unbearable pain. The smell of wet forest and man. The smell of my soulmate. "DAMION" I scream hoarsely.