Chapter 15

2 years later

I never knew that I was in love, I thought I just liked him a lot. You never know how much you love someone until you stand in front of them while they are in the ground.

A year ago

I woke up from the coma I was in, but something was wrong. I sat up and saw Donghwa looking down nervously.

"Hyung." I whispered. He looked up at me and smiled and walked towards me.

"You're awake." He looked so happy.

"What time is it?" I asked while looking around for a clock.

"7 pm"

"I've only been out for a couple hours? Didn't I get injured at like 3?" I asked him while laughing. I looked down and looked back at him. He started to cry. I hugged me.

"Donghae... You've been in a coma for 3 years..." I sat still.

3 years? There was no way.

"Wh-where's Hyukjae? How is he? Is he still in Korea? He must be sad I never contacted him. Does he still remember me?" I stared at the blanket, not knowing where to look.

"He came to visit you last year. While he was here, he was attacked by someone. He got hit on the head with something and then got shot. Right here, right where I'm standing..." I looked down at the ground. I let a tear roll down my cheek.

"You don't need to cry. He's in the room next door. He's only been out for a year. You should eat though, you haven't eaten in 3 years."

"I'm too sad to eat. Let me see him." I said as I got up and left the room. Something fell off the bed. I picked it up and put it on top of the table.

I walked next to his bed and stood there.

"Hyukjae? Please don't leave me." I felt a tear go down my face. The heart monitor was going slower and slower by every minute.

I was there for an hour.

*Beep..........beep*

Why were the beeps so far away from each other?

I rested my head on his chest crying. I stayed like that for another hour. I fell asleep like this.

I was then woken up by a long beep noise. I looked at the monitor and the beeps completely stopped. I felt my face become wet from all my tears. The doctors started coming in, telling me to get out. The world was moving in slow motion. I put my hands to my face and fell to the ground crying.

I was then dragged back to my room by the nurses. I laid on the ground watching the hallway. Doctors kept entering his room. Why was it him? He didn't do anything.

"Excuse me?" I looked up as I heard the English words. I forgot I was in America.

"the man in the next room had a box to Donghae. I believe that's you." he put the box in front of me and left.

I looked at the hall and saw the doctors pulling Hyukjae away. I stood and ran to the door. Donghwa closed it and locked it from the outside. I stared at Hyukjae while he was being taken away. I could feel my heart drop and I fell down again crying.

"Are you done yet? It's been an hour and you still haven't eaten." I looked up at him and shook my head. Hs helped me up and I left to go get dressed.

I came back to the room. Remembering the box and the thing I put on the table, I picked it up, put it in my pocket and left.

I sat on the bed that's been waiting for my arrival for a couple years.

I took the thing out of my pocket. It was a crumpled up piece of paper. I opened it slowly, trying not to rip it.

Donghae ah! I came to see you but you were sleeping. So I'll be leaving this note next to you. By the time you wake up meet me at time square. I'll go there every day waiting for you. Even if you sleep for years I'll be here everyday from 10 am - 10 pm. Wake up soon! I have a surprise for you!

-Lee Hyukjae

I felt a tear go down my face again. I pulled out the box and opened it slowly. There were two rings in there. Couple rings. I fell back in my bed, crying again.

Present

I stood in front of his grave. Twisting the ring on my ring finger. Earlier that day I took the rings to a store to make the connect to each other so they were linked together. I smiled while a tear fell from my eyes. Someone gave me a tight squeeze. I looked up and Donghwa was trying to comfort me.

"What do I tell his family?" I asked him.

"Don't worry. I already told them."

"How do you think he'll be?" I asked looking down at his grave again.

"How do you think you'll be?"

"I don't know..." I whispered.

"I might not make it."

"One day you'll be with him once again." he said as he turned and left me alone.

Authors POV

Donghae stood at his grave crying. Hyukjae stood behind him, trying to get his attention. He was screaming but Donghae wouldn't turn around. He then sat and watched Donghae.

"I'll watch over you. Making sure nothing bad happens again..." Hyukjae screamed. Donghae was still crying. Hyukjae was in confusion of why Donghae couldn't hear him. He was watching Donghae ever since he woke up and went to his room. From that day he followed and watch Donghae, making sure he'd stay safe.

"I won't leave you."

A/N: It's finished. Did you like it? It was pretty slow and boring I know. I felt like it had to end soon, it just kept on going on and on. Thank chu for reading all the way though~

*hugs every single person that read it*