Chapter 16

Evil Lindo chains you against a brick wall in an underground dungeon. All you can see is his red eyes. The place is that dark. You close your eyes for a few minutes. You eyes glow a little but stop. You open your eyes. Your eyes are black, but you can see in the dark. At least some of your vampire powers work. You look around. The old vampire isn't around. You notice a tear fall down Lindo's cheek. Your fear levels plummet down.

"Lindo," you say.

You notice his eyebrow twitch. You smile a little. You need to help him fight through this. This spell on him has obviously gotten worse because he's still like this, even when the old vampire isn't singing.

"Lindo. I'll help you if you help me," you smile.

"I can't. My master wouldn't allow me," Lindo whispers.

"Please Lindo," you plead. "I need to stop him before he figures out where the grimoire is."

Spots of blue appear in his eyes.

"He'll hurt everyone," you swallow a little, "even Ritsuka."

The tears flow faster down his cheeks while his eyes swirl into blue. He narrows his eyes.

"I will not let him touch her!" he yells.

Lindo grabs hold of the chains. He pulls on them. The chains bang against each other. Fire rages through Lindo's eyes. He pulls harder, making the chains shatter. He helps you down.

"Thank you Lindo," you give him a quick hug.

"Yes, thank you," you turn around to see the old vampire.

Lindo pushes you behind him. The old vampire just chuckles. You have to cover your ears it sounds so bad. You notice a shadow walking behind the old vampire. A glimpse of light reveals an orange eye. You gasp. You know it's Shiki. But how did he escape the chains. Shiki walks out of the darkness to show you it's really him and holds his finger against his lips. He slowly steps back into the darkness. You tug on Lindo's sleeve. He nods.

"You honestly think that I don't know your there," the old vampire smiles.

Shiki steps out behind you, "I figured you knew. You're a very smart man."

The old vampire chuckles, "I must say. I'm surprised to see you here."

"You're power is useless when your not there," Shiki smirks.

"I do not wish to fight today," the old vampire smiles. "I still need to prepare myself. I know you have friends who are ready to back you up, Princess. Until we meet again."

The old vampire disappears. Shiki wraps his arms around you. He hugs you tightly. You smile then look at Lindo. His face saddens when he looks back at you. He puts on a sad smile. You walk over to him when Shiki finally lets you go. You hug him tightly. He hugs you back.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)," he whispers. "I keep hurting you."

"It's not your fault," you whisper back.

Shiki looks annoyed, but you ignore him. You know he doesn't like this. You know he's just being nice for now.

Shiki and Lindo walk you home that night. They both have their guard up, just in case. You giggle on the inside. You finally get home. You can't wait to just curl up on your soft, cozy bed. You rush inside after telling Shiki and Lindo 'goodbye'. You crawl in bed and wrap up in your blankets. The old vampire cannot find out where the grimoire is. You must keep it safe, for everyone's sake. Especially Shiki's sake.