Chapter 6

You open your door to see the whole group standing right outside. Even Lindo is there. Do they know he's a vampire? Probably. Maybe that's why Shiki and Rem accepted you. You rub your eyes, wondering why they are there so early on a weekend. And why are they all smiling?

"We're going to the swimming pool!" they all shout out.

You close the door just to have it swing open again. They all walk into your house and look around. They seem shocked that You live in a nice place. Ritsuka drags you into your bedroom. She searches through your dresser.

"Where's your bathing suit?" she asks.

"I never really needed one since I had no reason to go swimming," you answer.

Truth is, you hate trying them on. It's like trying on jeans. It's the worst type of clothes shopping. Shirts are easy.

"Let's go buy you another one!" Ritsuka smiles.

Your eyes widen. She throws an outfit at you. You catch it, surprisingly. You sigh, knowing your not getting out of this. You kick her out. You throw on what she gave you. Your not a huge fan of what she picked out, but you don't really care at the moment. You walk out. Your still tired. You want to sleep. But no! You just have to go bathing suit shopping. You can't really say it's all bad. They are including you. Which means, they like you. Which means, friends? You cannot stop the smile growing on your face.

"Let's go!" you call out.

Everyone stands up and heads to the bathing suit store. You all walk in. It's a pretty big store. You never knew there were so many patterns. And so many shapes. You see one that's literally just strings tied together. You can't believe people actually buy some of this stuff. They probably buy it just to show off to Their boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever. You look through the thousands of bathing suits. This store really makes sure you exercise before you finally try on one. You wonder if anyone has made it to the end. You should be able to fit in anything after this. You giggle silently to yourself. You turn your head slightly to the right, and there it is. The perfect bathing suit for you. You take it off the rack and rush to the fitting room. You try it on. It's amazingly comfortable. Everything about it is perfect for you. Like it was made for you. You smile at how beautiful you look. You put your normal clothes back on. You quickly run to the cash register. You pull out your wallet, but someone snatches it away.

"Hey---" you look up to see Shiki there.

"I'll pay for it," he smiles.

He slowly sneaks behind Mage and takes his wallet. Mage does not seem to notice. Shiki takes out the money needed and slips the wallet back into Mage's pocket. Shiki gives the cashier the money. The cashier hands Shiki the change with a smile.

You walk out of the store, bathing suit in hand. You don't know who to really thank. Mage or Shiki?

Shiki slaps the change into Mage's hand, "Thanks!"

Mage looks confused by the odd act of 'kindness'. If only he knew the real reason. Mage shoots his eyes up so they meet with yours. You smile, for no real reason. He smiles and nods his head.

You all head to the public swimming pool. You and Ritsuka throw on your bathing suits. You both rush out and jump in the water. You all splash at each other when everyone is in the pool. You all get yelled at a couple of times by the lifeguard. You all just laugh at his sudden outbursts. This is pretty nice, in your opinion. Your really happy You came with them. Plus, you get to see Shiki in nothing but his bathing suit. You can't help but glance at his chest a couple of times. Gosh, he's hot!