Chapter 14

You wake up the next morning with this strange feeling. Your feel your head. It's burning. You rush to the bathroom and take out a thermometer. You take your temperature. 102°F. This is the part that sucks about being half human. You had a wonderful day yesterday and now this. Yep! Normal human stuff. You call Shiko Academy and tell them everything.

"Alright. We will send someone to give you your homework. Hope you feel better," says the lady on the phone.

"Thanks," you say.

You hang up, and you crawl back into bed. You curl up in your blankets. You close you eyes. You try over and over to go to sleep. You get up and run around a little until your head gets dizzy. You lay down on the floor. Floors seem more comfortable than beds. Weird. You close your eyes. The doorbell rings as soon as you get comfortable. NEVER FAILS! You get up. You are so annoyed. You throw open the door to see Lindo standing there. He hands you the papers.

"Shiki told me to give these to you," he says.

"Why?" you can't help but ask.

"He was too busy with the festival planning. He said Rem wouldn't let him leave," he answers.

"Tell him 'thank you'," you smile.

"You can tell him. He's coming straight over here to check on you after school," Lindo says.

"Well. Thank you Lindo for giving these to me," you playfully punch his arm, awkwardly.

Lindo smiles. He pets your head, messing up your hair. You both laugh. You invite him in. He nods and walks in.

"Let me take care of you while he's busy," Lindo suggests.

Your eyes widen. "You're not gonna poison me, right?"

"Of course not," Lindo chuckles.

You giggle along. Lindo makes a nice comfy spot for you on the couch. You feel kind of worried being alone with him, but he seems fine, and you don't sense any evil around. Maybe that old vampire is taking a break or planning something. So you will enjoy the peace while it lasts. Lindo makes you some soup. He hands it to you on a tray. You take a tiny sip, just to be safe. You don't pass out, so you decide to just swallow it all down. You finish it so fast that you end up getting hiccups. You feel a little embarrassed. Lindo doesn't pay any attention to them. He tucks you in. You slowly drift off to sleep.

You wake after a few ours. You look around. Shiki is sitting near your feet.

"Hello there," he smiles. "Feeling any better?"

You nod. "Um. Where's Lindo?"

"He went home to clean before Ritsuka gets home," he says.

You sit up while running your eyes. Shiki pops the thermometer in your mouth. When it beeps, He takes it out and reads it.

"100 degrees Fahrenheit," he says. "It's gone down."

​"Thanks to Lindo," you smile.

Shiki glance over at you. He crawls on top of you, making you lay back down. His face gets closer to yours. His lips press against yours. He kisses you softly. You, of course, kiss him back. Finally! His lips are warm this time. They are so smooth and so rough at the same time. Your heart speeds up. You are so happy right now. He pulls his lips away.

"I love you (Y/N)," he confesses quietly.

You gulp. You blush and quickly say, "I love you too Shiki!"

He smiles, "Good."

He gets off of you. You sit up. He makes you lean against him. You close your eyes and drift back to sleep.