Chapter 2

Nessa Marie Daniels

17 Years Old

"Cigarettes on cigarettes, my mama think I stank

I got burn holes in my hoodies, all my homies think it's dank

I miss my cocoa butter kisses, I miss my cocoa butter kisses

Cigarettes on cigarettes, my mama think I stank

I got burn holes in my hoodies, all my homies think it's dank

I miss my cocoa butter kisses, I miss my cocoa butter kisses".

I let Chance's voice fill my ears through the ear buds of my iPhone. Music was my only escape to this cruel, cold, wild, sick, world i live in. The sole of my converse lazily scrapped the pavement before it went up against the wall. I let out a small giggle as i remember how Bri used to get on me for shit like this.

"Why you always stand like a boy. Your so ugh"!

She would snap stomping her foot. I would just laugh and shrug. Everything reminded me of her. Especially the ugly girls round this school giving me sympathetic looks. I didn't need that. I didn't need people coming up to me, tell me that their sorry for my loss. I would respond with a scoff and walk away. But this time, that shit had me lit.

I watched the girl in her knee high leather combat boots and matching small leather jacket walk over to me. Her brown locks of hair flowing in the cool fall wind behind her. She made her way over to me with already apologetic eyes. The fact that she reached out and touch me, made me look at her twice. Was she serious?

"I heard what happened Ness. I am so sorry. Me and Bri talked a coup-"

"No. You acknowledged Bri's presence like any other fucking dumb person in this school. But you didn't talk to her. Nobody knew her like i did. If your here to tell me your fucking sorry you can walk away. I don't have time for this shit".

I licked my lips and looked away from her, but when i realized she was still there i gave her an annoying look.

"What"?

I asked annoyed. She shook her head and finally walked away. I don't care about people's feelings, just like they didn't care about me or Bri's when they took her away from me.

I held the straps of my book bag as i walked lazily into the school. I kept my outfit simple today. I wasn't the type to mourn by crying and not eating or bathing. I would take my anger out on everyone else. But oh fucking well. People will just have to get used to it.

I wore a pair of ombre white, grey, and blackw jeans, with black converse. A white crop top hugged my breasts and the necklace Bri gave me in 2nd grade adorned my neck. On my wrist were a charm bracelet we always wore together and six other different bracelets. Nothing major though.

I kept my hair the way it was at all times. I honestly didn't care that much for it. Everybody goes crazy over hair. But hair is just...hair. I don't hate mine, I just don't care for it. If i was to go bald...oh well.

Bri promised she would keep all of my secrets til the grave, and she did. It just sucks she had to go so early.

...

Once school was over I began taking my usual route home. I headed to the corner before I made a turn down the block my house was on. Before I could cross the street, a white Range Rover sped out of the alley way without honking it's horn. I jumped back, gripping the straps of my book bag. 

"What the hell"?

I mumbled to myself. He licked his lips looking me up and down before he spoke.