WILD

I ran a wide tooth comb through the untamed curly locks of hair on my head. I tried to ignore the feeling of sorrow that pained my heart as I looked at myself in the mirror. It was the first time in weeks, I couldn't bear the sight of myself. My own face reminded too much of her and all the memories we shared. Tears stung my eyes, and I didn't try to stop them as they flowed down my face. 

I slicked my hair up the best that I could, remembering that she loved my hair in its naturally curly state. She used to tell me all the time, that she wished she had my hair. I honestly think it was because I hated it so much, but today was about her. I didn't dare try to straighten it, I left it as is.

I washed my hands and dried them on a towel that hung near the sink. I ran my hands over my black dress to smooth it out, although it clung to my body. I slipped into my suede black heels and grabbed my crossbody purse. I tried my best to hide that large bags that rested under my eyes, but it was no use. I picked up my black sunglasses, placing them onto my face.

"C'mon, we're leaving." My mother peeked her head inside my room. I sighed looking in the mirror one last time. 

I didn't want to be late for my best friend's funeral.