Chapter 10 : Exchange

Ness P.O.V

"Why you crying sis"?

Ant whispered into my ear. I continued to let tears seep from my eyes into the crook of his kneck as i sobbed. Him being here holding me right now was the kind of comfort I desperately missed out on in a time of need. It felt as if all this time no one genuinely cared about how I felt ever since Bri passed. They only asked just to pretend they cared but they didn't, no one did.

I sniffled one last time before untangling myself from his arm. Wiping my face with my hands I looked up into my brothers hazel like eyes with specks of green.

"What're you doing here"?

I asked fanning my eyes to prevent from crying again. It was as if I couldnt take my mind off of the times me, him, and Brianna shared. Looking at him brought back so many memories and I couldn't the tears that rolled down my cheeks.

"I decided to take a little break from college to come check up on my baby sis".

He smiled at me making more tears pour from my eyes. I hugged him again wrapping my arms tightly around his waist.

"I missed you".

I mumbled against his shirt.

"I missed you too Curly".

I finally pulled away from him and gave him room to breathe. He wiped my face with the palms of his hands and kissed my forehead. I smiled turning around and facing Blue who I almost forgot was even in the room.

"Sorry".

I sniffed wiping my face with the back of my hand. Blue gave me a look I couldn't read but it was a look that I knew meant that he was a little confused.

"Um..Ant this is Blue. Blue this is my big brother Anthony".

I introduced using my hands as emphasis by motion towards the two. An awkward silence fell in the room because nobody really knew what to say. I took my bottom lip in between my teeth and tugged on my thin fitted cardigan.

"Well I'ont wanna interfere wit' yall".

Blue spoke rubbing a hand over his hair that was pulled into a ponytail. He began to make his way passed me and towards the exit of the kitchen.

"Wait Blue".

I turned to him and began walking towards him. He stopped walking and looked back at me.  I exited the kitchen door in front of him and he followed.

"Where you going"?

I asked walking next to him towards the front door.

"Shit ion' even know man. Prolly home".

"Oh".

I mumbled biting my bottom lip again.
We reached the front door and he turned to face me.

"I wanted to spend time with you".

I blurted out unable to stop the words flowing out of my mouth.

"I know ma. Yo' brother here tho".

I pouted looking up at him. My emotions were all over the place and I was already in a sad mood from thinking about Brianna.

"Don't look at me like that".

He lightly laughed grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him. I looked up into his big round eyes as he looked back down at me. My eyes flickered from his lips and to his eyes. Then again. And again.

I felt his hand brush against my side as he lifted it to grab my chin. His lips softly met mine and my eyes immediately closed.

My arms soon wrapped around his neck and he pulled my body closer to his as our lips moved in sync. He pulled away and it took a moment before my eyes fluttered opened.

"Ima see you later baby".

He mumbled placing another kiss on my lips. I continued pecking his making him laugh. They were so soft and his kisses were so intimate.

"I don't want you to go".

I pouted again not letting him go. He smacked his lips looking down at me.

"Yo brother here. Y'all got alot to catch up on".

"Yea but.."

I trailed off not knowing what excuse to make up. He nodded his head.

"Exactly ain't no buts. You gone be fine mama".

I frowned and let him go.

"Fine bye Corry".

I pulled away from him and began to walk away. I had no reason to have an attitude and I didn't know where on was coming from. I was getting attached to him so fast and I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.

"Aye aye aye. C'mere girl damn".

He chuckled pulling me back to him. I sighed with attitude still written all over my face.

"How bout this".

He started and placed his hands on my waist.

"Lets go an actual date".

"A date"?

I asked in disbelief.

"Why you sound so surprised"?

"I didn't know thugs went on dates".

I giggled a the look he gave me but I was being honest. I thought "hood niggas" didn't go on dates or take girls out.

"Who said I was a thug"?

Wrapping my arms around his neck I shrugged.

"Just calling it like I see it"?

"How you see it? I'm just a real nigga out her doing his thing".

He smiled making me roll my eyes. I swear that's all every nigga say. They just a real nigga.

Yeah okay.

"Whatever".

He laughed and tightened his grip around me.

"I'm serious about this date".

"Where to"?

He smiled pecking my lips and taking his arms from around me. He turned to open the front door but I stopped him. What did he think this was a movie or some shit ?

"Corry".

"Wassup? Why you wont let me go ma"?

I laughed and grabbed his hand.

"Because your being difficult".

He shook his head and looked down at me. The look he was giving me made me feel insecure under him. I'm not one of those very insecure girls that know they're super pretty and keep saying "ew I'm ugly and insecure". I know I'm not ugly but hell I'm not Beyonce. I have flaws that I'm insecure about. Hell, she does too.

"You beautiful as hell man".

Blue mumbled seriously as he stared at me. That made all of my uneasiness wash away and I began to feel exactly what he claimed me to be.

I reached up and kissed his cheek finally allowing him to go. If he wanted to keep our date a "surprise" then fine.

"Can you atleast let me know what to wear"?

"You aint gotta wear shit around me but since we going out in public I guess you can wear a dress or something. Fancy it up for me mama".

He smiled walking towards his car. I stood from the door way watching him.

"You wish. See you tonight Corry".

I blew a kiss at him playfully watching as he got in his car. He sped off down the road and I closed the door with a smile sitting on my face.

I guess I have a date tonight.

...

I know I know...

you guys hate me .