Chapter 11

Third Person POV

***One month later***

Derek was sleeping in a chair near Stiles' bed. Stiles still hasn't woken up, but that never stopped Derek from seeing him. Derek would hope everyday that he'd wake up, but he never did...until now.

Stiles' POV

I woke up and looked around, it was dark. I didn't know where I was and that startled me. I started to panic and was breathing heavily. I heard some shifting and yelling. Then the lights turned on and I saw Derek, he was trying calm me down.

"Stiles, Stiles it's okay. You're at Beacon Hills Hospital. You're safe, everything's okay." I looked around and recognized the room I was in. Then Melissa came in and said,

"Derek did you call m-. Stiles! You're awake, how are you feeling?" She asked and grabbed some supplies from a cabinet.

"My head and stomach hurts." I told her and she checked for my heart beat.

"Do you think your stomach hurts, because of the bruises?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, Stiles I'm going to have a police officer come to ask you about the incident." I nodded and she checked the rest of me and asked me questions to see if I had lost any memory, which I didn't. She also gave me something for the pain. When she left, Derek came up to me.

"I'm so happy you're awake." He smiled.

"Me too."

***

When Officer Parrish came in, he shooed Derek out so I could talk to him alone. He asked me everything I remembered and I told him about how Danny was the one who beat me in the bathroom. I also told him about the previous abuse and rape. He told me was very sorry and that Danny would certainly be under arrest. When he left, Derek came back in.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I replied back as he sat down beside me.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"Tired." I mumbled.

"You should get some rest. The others will come by after to school to see you."

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

"Of course." He smiled and tucked me in. I fell asleep immediately.

***

"Danny, please...stop!" I pleaded.

"Shut up!" He threw me to the ground and started kicking me. He mostly kicked my stomach and chest. Eventually, I started coughing up blood.

"Danny! Please!" He stopped and got down on the floor. He grasped my hair and hit my head on the floor a few times.

"Stiles! Stiles!" That's weird. I thought for a second I heard Derek, but I'm here alone with Danny.

"Stiles, wake up." My eyes opened and Derek was looking sad and concerned. I sat up and felt my eyes tear up so Derek embraced me in a hug. He held me as I cried in his chest. He kept whispering soothing words while rubbing small circles on my back.

"Shhhhh, shhhhh it's okay. It was only a nightmare. You're safe, I've got you." I sniffled and when I pulled away slightly he wiped my tears away. "You're okay, everything's okay."

"It was the day Danny beat me in the school bathroom. I begged him to stop, but he wouldn't."

"Stiles, Danny will never, ever hurt you again. I'll make sure of it. You don't have to worry about him anymore."

"Thank you."

"Get some more sleep, okay?"

"Can you lay with me?" He thought for a second before nodding. I scooted over to make room for him and he crawled under the covers. I looked up at him and he nodded again before opening his arms out. I quickly cuddled up to him, snuggling my face under his chin. I sighed in comfort.

"Derek?"

"Hmm?"

"When I was in a coma, you always came and talked to me, and I remembered everything. One day, you told me that you love me. Is that true?"

"Yes. I do love you. Maybe that's why I was so protective over you from Danny. I just wanted you to be safe. I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, I can leave if you want."  He started to get up, but I grabbed him.

"No, I don't want you to go." He raised an eyebrow.

"You don't?"

"No I don't. I want you to stay with me, cuddle with me, hold me. I love you too Derek. Please don't go." He laid back down and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm not going anywhere." He said and kissed my head.

A/N: I don't really know how a patient would act when they wake up from a coma. I just wrote what I thought would happen, so bear with me. And yay they finally are gonna get together❤️

Xoxo,
Tiana