Scream and be Free (Zac Hanson)

long story short, I just really felt the pull to write this. it's pretty much finished and just needs to be put into print. I doubt it will be long, but enjoy :)

-----------------

A soft waltz played, not that Brielle Simmons-Hanson seemed to notice, she stood off to one side of the eloquently decorated ball room listening to her cousin Jenna babble on about how amazing her boyfriend, Luke was. Half hearing something Jenna was telling one of the other bride's maids, also Brielle's sister-in-law Natalie, Brielle smiled seeing her new husband standing on the other side of the room, chatting with one of his new relatives. Jenna stopped talking, bringing Brielle to glance over at her; Jenna Murdock hardly ever stopped talking.

Next to Jenna was Brielle's new brother-in-law, one of three she had gained by vowing forever and always to her husband earlier this afternoon. Isaac Hanson smiled politely, gesturing to the dance floor, before asking Jenna to dance with him. Seeing as he had been asked to be the best man and Jenna was the maid of honour, it was only proper he ask her to dance with him. Playing with the hem of her steel gray dress, Jenna accepted taking his hand and walking onto the dance floor.

Left only for a few minutes, when Natalie went to dance with her own husband, Brielle found herself in the arms of Jenna's boyfriend, Luke. Happily asking the new bride to be his dance partner, Luke offered up that he wasn't the world's best dancer but he'd certainly try if the lovely lady would give him a chance. Brielle laughed as Luke twirled her around the dance floor, she could feel all eyes on her it was happening a lot to day. Every time she moved all eyes were on her, it was her day after all. Every time she moved, Brielle could feel a certain pair of eyes on her; she knew the stare coming from the dark brown eyes well.

It was the same stare that had caused her to get to where she currently was. Almost two years ago, she had been out with a few friends for New Year's Eve, when she felt a pair of eyes on her. Brielle had tried all night to find the culprit, but seemed to fail. As midnight rolled around, she was surprised when the overzealous, shaggy haired man had bounded up to her side asking her to be his midnight kiss. He had introduced himself as Zac, telling her that he'd noticed her earlier in the evening.

As she danced, swaying to the music with Luke, his tall frame towering over her, even in her heels, Brielle could feel the familiar and comforting stare. Turning her head slightly, she spotted Zac standing a few feet away, dancing with his little girl, Junia, in his arms. His smile was big and his daughter's even bigger. They were adorable, her dress matching Jenna's in every aspect, while Zac's suit matched his older brother perfectly.

"Excuse us." Zac spoke, dancing over to his new wife and her dance partner. "We were wondering, if we could switch partners." He smiled.

"Certainly." Luke nodded, taking the little girl in his arms effortlessly and dancing off with her.

"Well, Misses." Zac chimed, taking his new wife's hand and leading her further onto the floor. "Don't you look lovely." He commented taking note of the white party dress she had exchanged her classic wedding dress for.

"You don't look too bad yourself." She bantered, winking at him. As Zac moved them around, Brielle caught sight of Luke and Junia, he was slightly bent over with the little girl standing on his toes as they danced. "Jenna is going to love that." Brielle commented.

Zac smirked and brushed his long hair out of his eyes. "My kids have that effect on people."

Brielle chuckled softly. It was true. In marrying Zac, she had gained three step-children his oldest son Shepherd, his only girl Junia, and the final in line Abe. Zac had introduced Brielle to his children after about six months of seeing one another, it was quick but he felt it was right. Zac had shared custody, if he wanted Brielle around then she had to meet them sometime. In another six months, Zac had found himself babbling on and on about how much he and the kids loved her. They had been in Jamaica, Zac working along with his older brothers, Isaac and Taylor doing shows as their band, when he had pulled Brielle away for some time alone.

She could remember the January afternoon perfectly. The sun was warm, the sand under her toes was perfect and the view they had of the ocean was like nothing else. While on their walk, Zac stopped, dropping to his knees and taking Brielle completely by shock with a marriage proposal. They'd been together a year, a short time for some, to them it was perfect. Upon arriving back to the resort, where they were staying, Zac announced to his family who had been in attendance that she'd agreed. Later that week they had decided to let the rest of the world know.

Here they were, months later, the early December wedding was going off without a hitch. Brielle wanted something close to Christmas, but not too close opting for the week after Thanksgiving. It was her favourite time of year, a time for family and friends. What better way to spend time with family and friends then at your wedding?

"Have you looked outside?" Zac asked, leaning in close.

"No." Brielle smiled, shaking her head.

"It's snowing." Zac informed his new wife.

"Really?" Brielle's face lit up even more than it had been all day. She had grown up in the north and absolutely loved the snow. "Oh, Zac, this is perfect."

"Except Shep keeps asking his cousins to go outside and play." Zac laughed, knowing that his son could be pretty persuasive when he wanted to be.

"Maybe we should go outside and play in it." Brielle grinned, giggling like a little girl.

"Lead the way." Zac smiled, allowing her to stop dancing, long enough to figure out of he was joking. "Go on." He encouraged as his wife grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the nearest exit.

They hadn't been outside long when a few curious patrons came to see what was going on. Brielle had left, dragging Zac along behind her so fast, it clearly drew some attention. Zac's younger sister, Avery, had mentioned the snow which caused a few of the kids to run for the door. The first person out the door was Shepherd, along with his cousin Monroe, followed by Jenna who had Abe in her arms and Luke, with Junia hot on her heels.

Listening to Brielle laugh and shout as she made it outside into the light snow, Zac laughed at how excited she had become. The air was still and the world was quiet, save for the few shouts of laughter coming from his wife and a few others. Brielle had been right, as she often was - It was perfect. Everything was perfect.