Chapter 20-Logan

Hey guys! I apologize for the lack of updates. I'be been balancing work and school and it's just been hard to find time for Wattpad. But here's my gift to you guys lol. In the header is a picture of my uber eats code. If you guys have an account with uber, download the uber eats app, and type in my code in promotions. Afterwards, you guys get a free meal as long as it's under 10$, and if it's over 10$, you get 10$ off! If you guys use my code DM me and I'll read one of you guys stories if you are writing anything. If not I'll give you a shout out. Thank you guys for being so dedicated, so passionate about this series. I can't even express how much you guys mean to me. So have a free/discounted meal on me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 😘😘 Anyway here's Logan:

"Breached: In the last eight months there is not a lot of room for the baby to move around. This is when they began to settle into the headfirst position which is known as the cephalic presentation. When the baby is breached however, this means that the baby will come out feet or buttocks first."
I knew what "breached" in regards to pregnancy meant. It had been in every pregnancy book that I had read up on. A section that I carefully skimmed past, and purposely did not show Genesis because who wants to think that there would be problems with the pregnancy. I knew that breached babies meant a harder pregnancy for Gen. I knew that having a baby that was breached could also stand the chance of the baby having many health problems throughout its childhood. I knew that. But despite what I knew, I still yell at the fat ass doctor who sat at the bottom of the bed, looking sad while nurses ran around him.
"Breached?! What the fuck do you mean the baby is breached?!"
He starts to explain what I already know. I cut him off.
"Then what the fuck are we going to do about it?!"
"W-well, the decision would have to be Genesis," he stutters.
"What decision?!" I yell. For some reason my voice no longer could go at a normal volume. I was yelling everything.
"We can try to deliver the baby vaginally, but that could cause multiple complications for both the mother and the child. " the doctor wipes a film of sweat off of his forehead. "Or we could perform a C-section. But of course that would take longer and require more time in the hospital-"
"I don't give a fuck how much time it requires, Help my fucking wife!-"
"Stop yelling, Logan. It's not his fault."
Genesis voice startles the room. Both, Ebony and I turn to her, surprised. Gen had been quiet ever since the doctor had announced that the baby was breached.
She takes a deep breath, and look at the doctor.
"What are the risks if we do the procedure vaginally?"
The doctor clears his throat. "Well the baby could get strangled by the umbilical cord, the baby could be born with an injury such as a broken hip,-"
"And with the C-section?" Genesis cuts him off.

"There could be a lot of bleeding, you'll stay in the hospital longer, possible infection but that's only if the procedure isn't done right."

"But you're going to do it right, aren't you doctor?" I lean towards him. "If that's what she chooses, which seems the most likely-" I turn to Genesis to confirm, and she nods. "There won't be any infections, right?"

The doctor swallows hard. "Right, you have my word Mr. Bennett."

Ebony turns to Genesis and kiss her on her forehead. "You're sure the C-section is what you want honey?"
Genesis nods. "Mom it's the option that has the least amount of risks for the baby, what else am I supposed to do?"
Ebony leans over and gives Gen a hug. "You're so brave, baby. You're going to be a great mother." She cups Genesis face in her hands. "Remember to relax, the doctor knows what he's doing, you're going to be ok, and that baby is going to be ok, You hear me?"
Genesis nods and I swallow hard as I watch a tear fall down her cheek.
Ebony gathers her things."I'm going to go tell the others." She turns to me. "Be fast Logan, they can't do this procedure with you in here and my baby is in pain."
And with that she walks out the door.

I turn to Genesis. "How you feeling?"
Genesis smiles weakly. "I've had better days."
I somehow manage to grin at her. "Me too."
Genesis nods  and her voice cracks when she admits, "Logan I'm scared."
I nod. "I'm scared too,baby." Grabbing her hand I lean in close to her so only the two of us could hear what I was about to say. "But we're going to get through this. We're going to do this together. And you-" I place my hand on her belly- "And him are going to do this together."

Genesis smiles, and raises an eyebrow. "Him?"
I shrug, and smile back. "Daughters are great, but I decided a son couldn't be too bad."
Genesis giggles. "No, it wouldn't."
I lean in and kiss her. "I love you," I whisper against her lips.
"I love you too, baby." Genesis eyes glistens with tears.
I squeeze her hand and walk across the room to the doctor who was standing patiently by the door with the nurses.
"If anything happens to my wife or my child I will personally make sure that you never work in the medical field again. Do you understand me?"
The doctor nods.
I walk out the room and join the rest of the family in the waiting area.
Everything is ok.
I think as I sit down next to Dani.
I hope everything will be ok.
I clasp my hands underneath my chin.
Please, let everything be ok.