Chapter #28-The Meeting

Logan POV
I straighten my tie, keeping my eyes forward in the lobby of the new building. My eyes graze over the crowds of young possible future business owners. It is easy to spot the new interns from the ones that had been hired the year before: They look around in awe, at the fast-paced environment, the excitement and nervousness coming from them, almost tangible. The old interns instead stick to their bosses side, easily maneuvering their way through the crowded staff, the looks on their faces a mixture of exhaustion and determination. They sit silent as presentations that has their name on it roll across the screens of laptops on the showcase desk, not smiling but the pride and appreciation beaming from within. This understanding of the work that is needed to be put in, in order to get even the simplest of recognition in this business cause them to look at the soon-to-be hired interns in annoyance, and for some, amusement.
As they always seem to do, my eyes find Genesis in the crowd. She is speaking with the Board of Directors from both Synch and Bennett's Incorporated, going over, I knew the statistics of both businesses individually, and the ones that has been made together. When the board heard that I would not be leading the introductory meeting this year, the room went completely silent.
Strangely, though, no one seemed surprised when Genesis said that she would be taking my place.
I guess everyone, in their own way, saw this coming.
Genesis, was by nature, headstrong, ambitious, and determined. She pushed her way to the top of her own company, stamping out stereotypes in her heels. It was only a matter of time, before she got tired of standing by my side, a quiet but strong presence in meetings, before she would break out with her own voice.
In short , I was proud of her.
An announcement comes on the intercom telling everyone to get to their seats. I step back, so as not to get trampled by the sea of students coming towards me. Some of their eyes widen, when they recognize who I am. I keep my face expressionless and give them a silent nod.
I didn't bullshit these meetings.
Right down to the greeting, the fleeting looks, it was business all the way.
Once again, I look at Gen.
For someone who did not know her as well as I did, she looked completely put together.
But I could see by the way she was wringing her hands, the repeated motion of running her hands through her hair, then quickly fixing it back for fear that she had messed up the style, that she was nervous.
And that, was unacceptable.
Not now. Not here.
I walk briskly towards her, ignoring the announcement for "CEOs and other major business executives to please take their place on the stage in 15 minutes."
Genesis notices me right when I am a few feet away from her. I grab her hand and drag her to the lobby. When we are outside the auditorium, I speak.
"What's wrong?"
She blows out her cheeks. "I don't know what I was thinking," shaking her head, she covers her face with her hands. "This is too much, I should've never said I would do this. You do it."
I roll my eyes. "Since when is anything too much for you Gen?"
Genesis gives me a serious look. "Since right now."

Genesis POV
Logan steps towards me, and makes his voice low in a way that makes me lean over and listen. It was a tactic he used in meetings when things got too rowdy: he would say something in complete monotone, underneath the passionate yells coming from everyone else until one by one, they would stop talking and lean over to hear what he was saying.
Even knowing this, I lean in still.
"Do you know how many female interns are here today?"
I am taken aback by the question.
"No."
"Thirteen. Out of 800 students. Thirteen of the interns are female."
I look at him confused. "Logan, you realize that isn't a lot right."
Logan rolls his eyes. "It is compared to last years numbers."
"What were last year numbers?" I ask just because I wanted him to get to his point.
"None."
"None?"
Logan shook his head. "Do you know what that means? Thirteen girls turned in their resumes and came to this meeting because you inspired them to. Thirteen out of 800 girls dared to dream. That never happened before."
He stares into my soul. "Not before you."
I take a deep breath. "Well, when you put it like that.." Logans words made sense to me, but I was still nervous, if not more so. My head was a mess with numbers and I was a bundle of nerves.
"To be honest, though, I'm still a little anxious." I admit to him.
He nods, and gives me a weird look for a second, before asking, "When's the last time you've had head?"
The question takes me off guard, but at the same time I start thinking. Ever since Rae came, Logan and I could only squeeze in quickies. And there usually wasn't enough time for foreplay in those. We were just too busy being parents and CEOs...either we were too tired or too busy.
"That long, huh?" He asks. He looks down at his watch. "Ok, we got exactly 8 minutes." He takes my hand and leads me across the hall to the women's bathroom.
"Wait, what are you doing?" I ask, still not exactly sure what was happening. "8 minutes for what, Logan?"
He ignores me, stepping in the bathroom, checking to see if it's clear. He then pulls me inside, and lock the door.
"We're getting rid of your nerves and anxiety."
He gets down on his knees and push my dress to my hips.
"Logan..., this isn't a good idea-"
Down goes my underwear.
"Seriously, we need to...Oh my God." His tongue interrupts my sentence, as
I feel him put my legs on his shoulders, my eyes flutter shut, my body relaxing into the door.
********************************************
In exactly six minutes, I find myself on stage with the Board of Directors and CEOs behind me. My mind was clear, and my voice comes out confident in the mic.
I try to make contact with everyone in the audience, especially those 13 young women, hard to find amongst the many, many, young men. But they were there. And I could tell by their faces, that they were ready to work.
To change the game.
A feeling of pride starts in my stomach and makes it way through my body as I finish and everyone stands on their feet. The photographers cameras flash, and it's then that I notice my parents, and in-laws sitting a few rows from the front, Raelynn between them.
They all clap giving me thumbs up, Raelynn jumping up and down.
I smile and wave back.
One of the directors make a closing statement and then everyone is free to leave.
I file off the stage with everyone else, accepting praises and accolades from my colleagues. A strong hand presses gently on my back, and I feel Logan kiss me on my forehead.
"Great job, Gen."
I look up at him. "Thank you. How did you know that head was going to work?"
He shrugs. "I used to get head before all of my big meetings."
I raise an eyebrow, and he clears his throat.
"This was of course before you and I got involved."
I shake my head. "What did you just have certain girls come and give you a blowjob?" Logan shrugs. "No, what kind of person do you think I am?"
"Oh ok."
"It was never that hard for me to get a blowjob."
"Logan!"
He laughs. " Oh, shut up." Turning me around he presses my body close to his. "I really am proud of you, Gen."
I look up at him and smile. "Me too."
And after a second thought, I ask, "Did any of those girls give better head then me?"
Logan leans in close. "Are you kidding? Baby these girls don't come close to you. As a friend, a wife, a mother, a business partner..., and a lover." He hovers his lips above mind. "I'm lucky to have you in my life."
I grin at him. "You're too smooth, you know that right?"
Logan grins back. "And after all these years, You're still falling for it."
He wraps both arms tightly around my waist, and kiss me hard on the mouth.
When we part, my parents, in-laws, with Raelynn stand across from us, and simultaneously they all go,
"Ooooohhhhhh!"
Logan rolls his eyes, and I giggle, slightly embarrassed at the attention, and bury my face in Logan's chest.
Raelynn runs up to us, and I pick her up.
Nice speech, Mommy. She signs and I kiss her on the cheek.
"Thank you, Rae."
"Cmon let's go get something to eat to celebrate." Lois says kissing both Logan and I, on the cheek. "I'm starving."
"You're always starving, Lois." My mother says hugging us next before following her. My father and Greg, follow after them, and Logan and I follow suit, listening to my mother and Lois go back and forth about the times Lois has been hungry.
I take a look at my family:
My parents and my in-laws playfully arguing in front of me, my beautiful daughter, who was now walking in between Logan and I, and my husband. My gorgeous, intelligent, arrogant, husband.
I feel my heart swell in my chest.
Logan looks at me and wiggles his eyebrows playfully.
I smile back.
Squeezing Raelynn's hand I feel relieved.
It doesn't get any better than this.
I cannot tell you how much this means to me. When I first joined Wattpad I never expected people to react to my stories the way that y'all have. Finishing a story seemed impossible a year ago much less an entire series. I was in a real dark place two years ago, and my faithful Wattpad readers, you guys kept me moving forward. I love and appreciate y'all, and everything that you have to offer. Your comments, your suggestions, your observations, mean so much to me. I love you guys and I want you to know that I don't take y'all for granted. Thank you, thank you, thank you😘😘😘😘😘
The follow up series is not going to happen right away. In the mean time, Im going to be writing my story Loving Broken. It would mean the world if you guys supported it the way you have done these three!!
Again thank you thank you thank you!!