Chapter#6- Genesis

I smile into the camera with yet another surgeon from the Smile campaign fundraiser. So far things were going as planned; but despite the amount of celebrities that came and donated, there was still not enough money to pay our debt because the money from the fundraiser was going straight into the account for the children's surgery.
My head hurt from the dozen of lights flashing from the cameras. I had smiled so much in this one evening that I was sure that I would not be able to frown for at least another month. I had an enormous migraine that had caused me so much pain, I suggested to Logan that I might have a brain tumor.
"Come here, I'll kiss it to make it better." He pursed his lips.
"How will kissing a brain tumor, make it better?" I'd ask.
He thought. "You're right." He looked me up and down with a stern expression. "We better fuck instead." Holding out his arm he motioned towards me. "Come here."
I threw a pillow at him.
I watch as the surgeons and the kids interact with each other. Playing with toys, enjoying the 48 hour battery life. Jamie was in the back, counting the amount of money we were making. Even if we did have enough to pay the workers, we still had to find the money to cover the expenses of our next shipment of tablets. Although, many of the surgeons had come through- including celebrity surgeons like Dr.Miami, who mostly did breast and butt surgeries, and became famous for posting these surgeries on snapchat-was here. Despite the fame and the A-list group, I knew that there was a good chance that this debt would not be paid in one night.
Finally, it was over. After saying my goodbye speech at the podium, and instructing everyone to pick up their goodie bag on the way out the door, I make a beeline for Jamie who is standing at the other end of the room.
"Okay," I say, once I reach her. "Tell me the good news.
When I see the nervous look on her face, my heart drops to my stomach.
"What's wrong?"
"We have a problem." She says.
Fuck.
"What is it?"
Jamie opens up an app on her phone, and shows me a chart with a bunch of numbers.
"Apparently, because we haven't picked up the next shipment of tablets yet, many of the tablets are still sitting in the warehouse."
I nod. "Okay, so what's the problem?"
"You see the tablets batteries aren't built to sit in the warehouse temperatures for that long. They are only able to stand in conditions such as that for only a month. Two at the latest."
I give her a look. "Go on."
"Because we haven't been able to get the money to pay for the tablets, ours have been sitting there for six months or more, which of course is in violation of our contract with the warehouse."
I rub my hand over my face. This wasn't sounding good.
"So what's the point, Jamie?"
"Well, because we are in violation of our contract, the company isn't responsible for any damages that happen to--"
"Jamie just get to the point!"
"A pipe broke in the warehouse today and damaged about half of our tablets."
I stare at her. "How much is that going to cost us?"
"About another 20 grand."
"Shit."
I sit down in one of the chairs.
"So we are $50,000 in debt."
Jamie shrugs, and pulls up a chair next to me. "Well, we don't have to be.."
I shake my head. "Jamie, don't." I warn, but she rolls her eyes and pleads anyway.
"Gen, you have access to the money. Logan, I know will give you the money in a heartbeat. You're not fooling anyone honey."
"That's not the point-"
"Listen." Jamie says cutting me off. "I get it. You're stubborn. You're proud. But think of the company. At this point your letting your pride get in the way of the success of this company, and that is not a good decision on either end. Business, or personal."
She was right, of course.
I look at her. "Since when did you become so good at negotiating?"
Jamie nudges me playfully on the arm. "I have a great boss."
I smile and sigh. "Ok. Let me try to figure this out on my own without Logan's help."
Jamie opens her mouth to respond, but I hold up my hand stopping her.
"Let me finish. If I can't find a solution in the next month, right before I absolutely have to pay my debt, then, and only then, will I talk to Logan about the situation."
Jamie nods. "Fine. That's fair."
We sit back in the chairs in silence.
********************************************
"You look stressed. What's wrong?"
I look at Logan over my book. "Nothing. Long day at work."
Logan, who is sitting at the foot of my bed, aimlessly begins massaging my foot that is laying beside him.
"Why was it a long day?"
I shrug, relaxing into the way his fingers worked their magic on my foot.
"Just some problems, here and there."
Logan shakes his head in understanding. "Need my help?"
"No." It comes out a little too sharply,and Logan notices. Arching an eyebrow, he raises his blue eyes to mine. "Ok."
"Sorry. I'm sorry." I say, running my hand through my hair. "It's just-"
"It's been a long day." Logan finishes for me, and I nod.
"Yeah."
"Well. I think you need to just lay down, and do completely nothing."
He works his hands to my calf, massaging circles with his strong fingers, leaving soft kisses along the way.
His hands moves up to my inner thigh, followed closely by his mouth, and I sigh.
"Logan-"
"Shh." He moves his hands and his mouth simultaneously up my leg. When he gets to the opening between them, he runs his finger along the material of my underwear before placing a smooth kiss on top of it, that immediately brings every nerve in my body to the surface.
"Don't move, baby." He whispers, as his lips travel up my midriff, his hands pushing up my graphic T-shirt. "Don't move, just relax."
Finally his lips made it to mine, gently kissing me, biting my lip.
"Logan, honey I'm tired. I don't have the energy-"
"Shh." Logan places a finger on my lips. "What did I ask you to do?"
"Don't move."
"And?"
"Relax."
"Good girl." I roll my eyes.
He chuckles as he continues massaging my body. I can feel the tension in my body ease away at his strong, yet gentle touch. My legs, my back, my butt, my breasts, every inch of my body is thoroughly kneaded and attended to. When he finally pulls away, my body feels boneless, and more relaxed then it has in a long time.
By the time Logan pulls me in his arms and kiss me softly on the lips, I am already fast asleep.