There's Still Hope

I looked around me and remembered the first time I was here how scared I was. It is in the past now. Best way to get over things is to forget them. I shoved my pillow in the back I was using and then started putting whatever canned goods I could find in it. I had almost all of them in it when I grabbed a can that had smeared zombie blood on it. Gross. I remembered that I had put hand soap in the bathroom. I pick up the can to wash it off along with my hand.

 "I got some blood from a can on me, I am going to wash it off," I told Nick as I started towards the bathroom. I tossed the can up and down on the way there thinking about what Nick said. I wonder where we are stopping by. I was not paying attention and dropped the can and followed it as it rolled into the bathroom. What a convenience. I had just stepped into the bathroom when I heard something in front of me. I tried to jumped back in time as a zombie lunged for me and grabbed my arm. Crap not good.

 "Nick!" I yelled at him. I could not shake off the zombie, all of the sudden I felt myself fall to the ground. With another attempt to knock the zombie off of me my hand slipped and the zombie reached forward and bite arm. All of the sudden Nick came and hit the zombie in the head with his pipe killing it. 

 "Robert are you...."he said noticing the bite mark. "I am so sorry Robert, I tried to get here in time. Crap man, what do we-" he said as I interrupted him.

 "I will help you pack up and everything for wherever it is you are going. Then once its done I guess I will go on to the roof to die. That is if you are not going to kill me first," I told him.

 "No, I guess your plan will work. By tomorrow you will have changed and if you make it off the roof you will probably die. Lets pack before the sun goes down," he said.

 "Will do," I said trying not to sound scared. I should have used more caution. I let my gaurd slip. I went back to my bck pack and made sure all the cans were there. Then I went to the bathroom and washed off the other can. I looked into the mirror and saw my reflection, man I need to shave was the first thought I had. I went bck to my back pack and put the can in there. Then I went over to wear some sodas were and put those in there. By then the bag was pretty much full. I remembered the candy and found some chocoalate bars in a box on another shelf and put that in the bag. Then I fel over as pain comsumed my body. Crap, step one is beginning to happen. I shook it off and walk over to Nick and gave the bag to him. 

 "There is a lot of stuff in there. Where was that place we were going to stop at after we left here?" I asked.

 "I have an apartment about an hour or so from here. After we got the stuff from here I planned on taking you there with me. It was in some apartment place on 1001 Annex in the Drake apartments. I live in room 17, it is a nice place and I was going to have you come their with me but now that you are bitten it ruins things," he told me.

 "Nice place up there, too bad I will not see it," I said laughing. " Man, you may need to leave soon, I think I am going crazy," 

 "It would have been nice for you to come with me Robert, I guess this is goodbye," he said walking to the doors. 

 "Cya," I replied walking to the ladder with my blanket. When I got to the top I noticed my arm stop bleeding, then I felt the pain surge through me again as everything went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I thought of Robert, I barely knew him and he helped me. Even though I saved him before this time he is dead. With both our backpacks on I went back to the warehouse thing. There was not too much to get there, just some guns and the cooler I brought. It was maybe 2 o'clock. I quickened my pace a little. It has been awhile since I have spoken to Selena. I left my cell at the apartment. I wonder if cellphones even work still. When I reached the warehouse I went in and grabbed everything I needed in a few minutes. I started towards my apartment in a slow paced jog. I noticed as I ran fog forming around my breath. Time to go shopping I thought as I realized fall was coming sooner than normal. I really was not in the mood to get clothes, but my house was only ten minutes from a little clothing store.