Retribution

PoV-Robert

April 4, 2013. I-49 Heading SouthWest. 1:53 PM

They found that the Scrubs were located in Orange, Texas. We just left the base. The only person that was able to come with me was Kate. At least I was able to get her. After the fight the general pretty much told me I need to be a leader in the military so I was promoted to something. These ranks and such are still confusing to me. All I know is I'm in the lead vehicle in a convoy of fifty or so soldiers. It was a 3 and a half hour ride there, but we plan on taking it around five or so hours. We want to hit them at night. Karma is a bitch I suppose.

"How you liking the new uniform?" the driver next to me said.

"Wouldn't have minded civilian clothes," I said before laughing. "I've got to admit, with my katana and uniform I look pretty bad ass,"

"Makes me wish I had one,"

"Mhmm," I looked out the window. Its a good thing we are going slower. Cars line the interstate making it difficult anyways. We ended up putting most of the people that surrendered into the farming force. That made the farmers pretty happy taking a huge load off of them. The rest were stuck on construction teams to repair the damage they did and fix whatever we couldn't. Nick was put in charge of security while Selena is second in charge of the food distribution. Things have been really slow after the fight at least. The old pilots were being stuck in the simulators again. Apparently the pilot who helped during the end was a bit rusty. A huge shipment of vaccines came from the group in the west by air drop the other day. We refueled them before they headed up North to drop off some more. That's about the only outside communication we've had for awhile.

Already ten minutes have gone by. I realized I was a bit anxious and closed my eyes. After a deep breathe I fell asleep. It only felt like a few minutes when I was woken up by gunfire. Someone was banging on my door and I opened it. Instantly I was pulled out of the Humvee to be greeted by a set of teeth. Damn ittt. I felt for me pistol and put it to its head. Before I could shoot it another fell on top me and another. I tucked my legs in and focused on keeping the first on at bay. I'm too tired for this crap. I had just pushed the first one causing to rest to roll off when someone opened their machine gun up. I shrieked as bullets hit all around me. At least they were dead. Kate ran up to me laughing.

"That's a nice scream you have there,"

"Thanks," I replied sourly. "Does my safety not matter?"

"Pshh I'm not a lousy shot. I was in the same business as Nick you know,"

"I bet. What are we doing killing all of these zombies?"

"Just killing them really. You seemed to have slept through much of it. Why'd you even open the door?"

"I didn't expect a zombie to pull me out. Smacked my head on the ground too,"

"Alright big boy. Get back in the car, we're done anyways, thanks for your help," She said returning to the car behind mine. Jerk. I picked my Sig off of the ground and got in. I sat on katana and threw it in the back. I heard a groaning noise and realized I hit someone in the back. He passed it forward and held his stomach. Good thing its sheathed. "Sorry," I mumbled. 2:42. I did only sleep for a few minutes. The driver got in and said that we still had a little over five hours till we're there. We drove for a few minutes before I reviewed the plans some more. Two A-10's will assist us in taking out any military camps they have so we have an easier access. They said something about lazing targets, I don't know. These people use things I've never heard of. The only thing I eve did before was medical research pretty much. Unless you were others, then I worked in an office all day.