Why Me?

I woke up with a bright light shining down in my eyes. Am I dead? The light receded and was replaced   with a man wearing gloves and another man with his rifle trained on me. Both of my hands were tied to the bed I was on along with my legs. You've got to be kidding me.

  "Where the hell is Nick," I mumbled still drowsy. 

  "Sir, you need to rest," the doctor said. I didn't like the look in his eyes when he said that. I saw to my right multiple needles and such. These guys wanted to test my blood. 

  "Oh no, you're going to let me out now," I demanded. If anyone was going to test my blood it was going to be me. 

  "Do you know how much you could help everyone?" he asked trying to prove a point.

  "Do you know how much I don't care," I replied. He look irritated, but undid the straps holding me down and let me go. I turned around when I went through the door. "In a week or so I'll be back," then I went to join my group. I went outside of the building which seemed to be near a neighborhood. The fences touched and I saw a few zombies along them moaning at the sight of me. It was a sickening sight to see. I took my knife out and stab four or five of them before they were spaced off too far. I felt a little wobbly and decided I needed to find someone. On the side of the building someone was waiting on the side of the building. I walked over to him and as I got closer I realized it was a woman with a haircut a little longer than Elizabeth's but much more perfected. The back was rounded and the sides flowed evenly being cut straight. She wore blue jeans and a black v-neck and was quite pretty. 

  "Hello," she said noticing me. "You're Nick's buddy aren't you? Pretty kool you're immune to being bit," she continued looking at me. The way her eyes shined proved she had some mischievous planned. 

  "It is handy sometimes," I replied backing away slowly. 

  "Oh I'm going to hurt you she said grabbing my arm and pulling into a car. "We're going to have fun," giggling. 

  "I don't kn-"

  "Shhhh," she said winking at me. With one hand she steered the car and with the other she was loading pistol mags. My stomach did a flip as she exited the base from a side gate that didn't have very many zombies next to it. They lumbered after car for a few seconds before gazing a the sky like they always do when they don't have anything to do. 

  "So, ummm where are we going?" I asked. 

  "We're going to kill some zombies. They are too many building up around the front gate, they might collapse it soon," she said putting a gun in my lap. She parked the car out of sight from anything or anyone. She took the keys out and went to the back of the car where I followed. She opened the trunk and I couldn't be happier. As if for me she handed me an HK M417 with a 16"in barrel. Medium range, perfect. 

  "Where'd you get this?" I asked in awe. 

  "Nick and I were partners before he quit. I continued because I had nothing else to do really. Glad I did now," she said. 

  "You have the same look Nick gets before a fight," 

  "Someone had to teach him," she said handing me a few mags and my sword. 

  "Nick tell you I liked using a sword?"

  "No, I just went through you bag," she laughed. I gave her an irritated look that she just shrugged off. She only carried a Sig .40 with her which told me that she was a very good shot. As if to prove a point she shot a zombie that I might have had trouble with my rifle. 

  "K, this is the plan. You're going to run around the side and take down as many as you can with a mag. They'll trip on the bodies if you shoot well," she said pushing out from behind the building we were taking cover on.