22: glow in the dark shit

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8:

School was...good. I did well in my tests and I'm pretty sure I aced the AP Chemistry test we had today. But I kind of went through all of it in a state of shock, you know? I mean, can anyone blame me? I made out with Jace in my own house--my parents weren't home so they didn't see us and I didn't have a panic attack later--and then, right when we had moved to the couch, Jace's dad calls him and asks for him to come home and he'll out with something.

Since then, I haven't seen Jace. I've seen everyone I know; Synthia, Jake, Tyler, Dayne, everyone from Engineering, and I saw Will multiple times. The only time I ever saw Jace was during the classes we had together, but we didn't talk or anything.

Actually, it was kind of awkward.

We didn't talk at all--except for the occasional "pass me this" or "what did you get for this problem?" I constantly looked at him, too, like in some sort of creep enjoying the view. It's not that far off, though.

Thinking back on the awkwardness between us, I groan.

"Are you still thinking about Jace?" Will asked, taking a handful of fries and stuffing them into his mouth.

I groan again. "It's so awkward," I replied. "I don't want it to be awkward." I pop a fry into my mouth and write down another equation. Chemistry homework is really annoying to do, especially when we haven't learned the material yet. "But, like, what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know."

I give Will a blank look--another version of The Look. This one means come on.

He send me a look back. "I'm a guy whose only relationship had been in the third grade. What would I know?"

I twirl my hair as I finish the last homework problem on the page. And then I finish it. And then I get stuck thinking about Jace. AGAIN.

Why is everything always so complicated with him? Seriously, I don't remember one time where there wasn't anything underlying our friendship. When we were kids we barely even had a friendship, and when we tried it was really weird. Then we actually became friends and it seemed all great until he started working, then the whole marijuana thing, and now whatever this is. What am I supposed to do?

Will stands up and stretches a little before heading for the door. "I'm going to get a snack. Want something?"

"Do you have some ketchup chips?"

"Yep."

Honestly, I'm not in the mood for ketchup chips. I'm not in the mood for anything. I'm in the mood for a dose of Jace with a little extra wow. You know, no awkwardness. More along the lines of making out and...stuff. If you know what I mean ;)

Okay, chill. That last part was a joke. Or was it?

Whatever. I just want this awkwardness to stop.

And I want to stop thinking about this guy. For the past few days, he's all I've been thinking of. It's gotten to the point where I see him in my dreams! They're pretty nice dreams, I have to say, but waking up and realizing that the dreams aren't real is a bummer. So then I get as depressed as an emo kid in the early 2000s. The worst era ever.

Just as Will came back with snacks, my phone rang with a text.

Jace: Hey. Wanna hang out?

Oh. My. God.

"Speak of the devil," Will said after he looked over my shoulder. "Are you going to meet up with him?"

Oh, hell yeah. "I don't know."