17: how come there's no such thing as a "winter body"?

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29:

"You have the entire period...no TI calculators newer than the 84C...show all work...start in three...good luck!"

I was so ready. And the test was so easy. Two days worth of real studying paid off as I finished every problem faster than the Flash. There was a total of fifteen questions and one extra credit (for some reason it was insanely hard) that I breezed through. And it took me about half a period.

Guys, maybe I'm a genius.

Hahaha lol. You guys know that I could be the most retarded human seal on the planet. Maybe even the universe--well, no, not the universe. There's definitely someone more stupid than I out there. Whatever. Let's focus on the fact that I came out of that class feeling like I was on top of the world even though we all know Beyoncé has claimed that title.

And my outfit today was making me feel good. I wore a white turtleneck sweater that hugged my body quite well and this cute skirt that reached a little shorter than mid-thigh. It was black with white checker lines. Then I had a pair of over-the-knee black suede boots that had a thin three-inch heel. I looked really fancy, I know, but it was normal for this school. Kids came here in pretty fancy apparel all the time, since our dress code sort of called for it. And everyone here was rich.

Our dress code was basically: no skimpy outfits.

But during the winter it was slightly harsher. Many girls came to school in skirts and sweaters during the colder months; like Anna Levi, the girl that just passed. She's wearing Gucci's newest collection, containing a white furry sweater and their light-wash embroidered jeans skirt. It matched well with her camel leather ankle boots.

Back to my outfit. The skirt had this pattern:

Get the picture? My makeup was minimal, though

Get the picture? My makeup was minimal, though. I had my hair down in big waves. Nothing special. I had silver hoop earrings and one silver ring with a topaz shattered stone in the center. My makeup consisted of light foundation set with powder, a little smudged pencil eyeliner (without wings) on my lid (as close to the lash line as possible), mascara, and natural light pink oil tint on my lips, focused mostly on the center.

I walked towards Jace's locker to get him his stuff for the day. He ended up staying home--well, at my house--because he was so exhausted. I'm really worried for him. He seems to be getting more and more tired, irritable, and quiet. Every time we hang out it's not for very long, and I've babysat Jocelyn more and more.

Something's going on, and at this point I'm going to find out what it is.

30-22-15, I told myself again and again. Turn the lock three times, land on 30. Turn the lock in the other direction and land on 22. Then turn the lock in the first direction and land on 15. Pachak. Open.