12: he's a smooth criminal?

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2, 7:09 pm:

Turns out I needed luck. I shit-ton of luck. The interviewer from Oxford was hell. She is the actual spawn of Satan. The minute I walked up to her she seemed to write something down in her little ugly notebook and give me a slight frown. I mean, what the fuck? Talking about judging a book by its cover.

And I know we all do that, but she was way out of line.

She asked me all these questions that I answered respectfully and with the highest vocabulary I could find in the back of my mind that had been prepared for the SATs. I even shook her hand when I walked into the place we were supposed to meet!

Whatever. I know I nailed that interview. She just hates me.

I was walking home when I saw Tom and Jocelyn eating some ice cream at a Häagen Daz and stopped to say hello. Then I ended up staying for an hour talking and eating ice cream with Jocelyn and Tom. But I was wondering where Jace was--maybe he went out with friends?

And not to seem like a desperate bitch, I didn't ask.

Then Tom insisted he drove me home and I immediately showered and changed into pajamas once I walked in the door.

The ice cream only temporarily changed my crappy mood from the interview. It was back full swing now. I could feel a rant starting, so I sent Will a quick warning.

Me: Ranting. Now.

Within a minute, Will called me.

"Okay, so let me tell you--"

"Wait, let me just get this thing in...and done. Okay, I'm ready. Aaannnd go," Will said.

"Basically this bitch from Oxford interviewed me and was so rude! I walked up to her and told her my name and she barely even shook my hand, let alone looked at me. I woke up early to look good today because of the stupid interview and all she did was look down at her crappy little lines notebook and started jotting down shit about me. And I could tell it was something shitty because she didn't smile or even look normal for a second during the interview. She stayed there with a frown the whole fucking time. What a bitch!..."

My rent continued on for a good ten minutes before Will calmed me down and promised to buy me ice cream and lots of snacks tomorrow. For some reason, that calmed me down a lot.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3:

Honestly, this day couldn't get worse. I got my period the minute I woke up, which meant I had to throw out my favorite sleeping underwear and change into my Thinx ones. I also ran out of regular pads so I had to use tampons, which I only use on the second, third, and fourth days. The first day is always a pad.

Then my hair drier stopped working so I had to throw that one out, too. My mom said she would go get me a new one today while I'm at school, though, so it wasn't that bad. But my hair then decided to become frizzy and I had to do another ballerina bun with some gel to keep it nice.

Because of that I had to change my outfit completely. I changed into black stretchy pants that sort of looked like really black jeans that had horizontal cuts on the knees like the ones I wore yesterday. I hate repeating. Then I grabbed a white tee that had some French saying on the front and a nice jeans jacket to put on top and then the classic Adidas sneakers. I even put on a choker to make it look more chic.

Ugh I hated this outfit. It looked something like this:

 It looked something like this: