4: bar-mitzvahs and food

"Oh my god," I whispered to Will, "they're going at it."

Will couldn't take his eyes away from the sight either. In front of us these children (I'm talking around 14) were heavily making out on the bus. And guess where we were stuck?

Right in front of them.

We had nowhere to go, nowhere to look. The bus was absolutely crowded and we were standing right in front of them. They weren't going to stop anytime soon--at least it seems that way. These two kids were all over each other, too. They were like me when I see Doritos...

Mm. I want some Doritos...

Anyway, it's Friday. School just ended a little over twenty minutes ago and Will and I are on our way to Taylor Hill's only mall: Hills Plaza Mall. It's gorgeous and sleek and huge. It is made entirely of marble with Roman designs and gorgeous chandeliers. It looks like Roosevelt Mall in New York (if you know what that looks like). It's so pretty and even has an outdoor section. And it's always packed during the weekends. I mean always.

See, Taylor Hill is a very urban town. There isn't really a big city in the area like there is in other places so this is the closest to suburban or whatever that we could get. It's always packed and it has amazing stores, the food court is amazing, there are birds flying in and out of the mall constantly, and all of the town's teenagers come here weekly. Maybe even daily.

That includes the typical suspects; Synthia and her gang, Tyler and his jocks, Jake and his jocks, Tabby (the head cheerleader) and her whole squad, then the plastic bitches Leslie Horowitz, Danielle Parrish, and Ramone Smith. They all tend to hang out together in a group, even though a few of them *cough* Tyler *cough* Jake *cough* hate each other deeply. They naturally stick together like popular people usually do. Tyler and Jake suck it up because all of their teammates are friends (plus they get to upstage each other constantly) and Synthia is there probably for the entertainment.

She's always been way too smart and self-immersed to hang out with people of such low caliber. And even though she's a total bitch now, I still have to admit that she's insanely smart. I mean if I were her I would never be able to be in her position. Highest in the social ladder, hated by all the right people, loved by all the important ones too. I would die right there and there. Like, the minute I realized it I would be dead.

When we finally got away from those hormonal children, we had seen enough to last us a life of traumatizing dreams and visits to therapists.

Okay, pause. I need to tell you guys my outfit because I'm really proud of it. So I was wearing my favorite high waist baggy jeans with two big holes along the upper leg, these adorable black shoes with thick heels and a thick leather buckle over the ankle, a really cool white and blue stripes halter top with an open back, and a leather jacket. My hair was pulled into a ballerina bun and I had winged eyeliner and mascara on. I looked badass and H-O-T hot.

Will was looking rather stylish too, as he was clad in ripped jeans and a nice black tee that said "salty" on it. He looked really good, actually. Girls are going to be drooling.

"So we need to find you two dresses," Will said, "one for the actual bar mitzvah and one for the party on Sunday night. But the one for the Torah reading has to be longer than mid thigh and somehow covers the shoulders."

Once he finished speaking, Will gave me a look. I know that look. It said you know you like to show your shoulders. Which I do. But that doesn't mean Will has to give me The Look.

The Look is what I named Will's condescending look that he seems to love giving me. Ever since we started becoming friends, Will and I have created an unspoken language between us. It's mostly just certain looks or hand gestures, but it works and is extremely helpful. You know, one time, while I was trying to get away from my teacher who was insistent in talking to me about taking a job over the summer--