Russie village. Day six.

When we make it over into Russie I can tell it’s going to be hard to get to the place we needed, the war was at full speed here and it was worse than anything I have ever seen. The medical centre from Jude’s information was apparently located in the middle of the village and would at least take us five hours to get there, it was becoming dark now and we decided we would sleep. We climb the tree and prepare for sleep, but the thought of falling at any giving moment kept me awake.

“Come over here.” Says Jude lifting his arm up and moving over a bit, I comply and lie on his arm and lean my head against his chest. The feeling of him playing with my hair makes me tired. Looking up to the stars again I don’t see why they’re always so beautiful.

“You’re beautiful to, you’re your own star.” Says Jude and as I look at him out the corner off my eye I realise I must have spoken out loud, I don’t say anything back and ignore the butterflies in my stomach and lean in closer to his body. The feel of his mouth touching my neck drives my body crazy, his hand snaking down my back and the feel of our lips against each other’s, the softness of his gripping mine, the intensity of his touch that made my body feel alive sparking something within me, the feel of his body heat hanging over me as he straddles me, his hands against my bare skin as it slowly traces up my stomach to the curve of my boob.

“I love you.” He says coming up for a breath, his breathing patterned fast and deep. I stare at him and really look at him, thinking about all our time together and realise I did too, what happened with Daniel was because I was lonely it was because he was lonely; this was something else altogether.

“I love you too.” And with that our lips meet again, deeper, faster fighting for more passion as we know this will be our last night together and we made sure we would never forget.

In the morning we both wake up in each other’s arms, memories of last night spreading across our minds as we smile at each other while we admire the hot sun above our heads. Soon we leave the tree though ready for the day ahead and as we ride towards the village Jude tells me to take the edge of the village to move around it instead of going through it. I do as he says and can’t help not liking the marsh of trees keeping away the sun. Jude hugs me keeping me warm and I relax into him.

“When we get out of this, I will make you my wife and make sure your out of harm’s way.” He says kissing my neck, I lean into it enjoying the feel of his lips. I don’t say anything back, thinking about how this could be the end of the world very soon and how today would be our last day.