19. One of Us

• Dedicated to my own Brain

Stefan,with his forehead scratched and bleeding stepped out from the room with Arabella,unconscious in his arms. Elena conjured from the living room and stopped dead at her track.

"Did you do that to her?" Elena inquired as she looked at her boyfriend. "And what happened to your head?"

Stefan huffs a tight breath and kicked down the door leading to Gilbert's reading room. He without answering,entered the room and put the girl in his arm onto the leather chair in the sitting position. Elena tailed after him.

"Stefan! What are you doing? Why you're—" Elena's words fell off when she saw her boyfriend sped in his vampiric speed to get some ropes.

Stefan just wiped away his dripping blood as his cut in the forehead was healed and said, "Elena,tell Caroline to get Bonnie here. Now."

"Caroline,well,she left." Elena responded as she came closer to Stefan,who was strapping Arabella to the leather armchair. "Why would we get Bonnie here? Wait,Stefan. Did Arabella just made that cut on your forehead?"

"Yeah," Stefan tightened the strap carefully. "And that is why I had to strap her here. She might be small but she got the strength of a bull. Don't mind about that. Just call Bonnie. Tell her to get here fast. Really fast because Damon doesn't have much time and we need to do something."

Elena was hesitant,thinking this whole situation,if it took a bad turn would be lethal for everyone as she started to put together what was Stefan about to do,since Arabella is the Originals' new groupie and not to mention,she have a very influential dad . Nevertheless,she pulled out her phone and called Bonnie.

**

[MIKAELSON MANSION]

Caroline,without any hesitation marched straight into the Mikaelson mansion,stood at the entrance and looked around only to find she was by herself. None of the Originals were there.

"Klaus!" she shouted on top of her lung. "Come out,you narcissistic lying jerk!"

Nothing happened. She inhaled a deep breath and,

"Klaus! Niklaus! Come out right now,you—"

A door swung opened and Klaus appeared.

"Enough with the shouting,love." He said calmly. He walked towards her and smiled. "What is this ruckus all about?"

Caroline crossed her arm across her chest. Her turquoise eyes were piercing into his. Klaus tilted his head questioningly.

"Oh gee,I don't know. Choose. Arabella? Tyler? " She uttered sternly. Klaus frowned mockingly. "And you freaking bite Damon."

She went on,"You can't attack any of us anymore,Klaus! We made a deal,remember?"

Klaus loosen up himself and went to another room which Caroline tailed him.

"I'm just helping a fair maiden in distress,your friend in fact," He said as he sat on the scarlet velvety arm chair as if he's sitting on a throne. "...which about be assaulted by your beloved Tyler. I can't let him as you say,harm her,can I? That would violent our,oh wait,your pact of truce. You see,I'm not really bound to that pact. I'm not like my siblings."

Caroline clenched her jaws. Anyway,what did Klaus said was quite true. If she remember correctly,only Elijah and Rebekah were there where they all made a deal to stop doing things that would be harming both parties and be in peace after they put down Esther,the Original's witch aka the Mikaelson's mother.

But what strike her odd is that,it was usually her side to be protecting people from the Originals' malicious intent but now,its somehow in reversed situation.

"Why?" She stared at the hybrid coldly.

"Why what?" The hybrid grinned which made the blonde vampire even more curious.

"Why did you and your family are so hell bent in protecting her? You,Kol,Elijah,all three of you. Why?"

Klaus snickered as he fell back on his seat. "Why? Caroline love,you and your friends are not the only people that have the tendency to fond towards certain people. My family does too. And it would a blantant lie if I said your friend Arabella is unattractive."

"You're fond of her?" Caroline asked with a complete shocked tone,not expecting Klaus would be saying that.

Rebekah suddenly conjured and commented, "Oh don't be so bitter,Caroline. That moronic ass sitting on the chair still fancies you. Are you going to be disappointed if you are to be defeated by merely a normal human in the fight for my brother's affection?"

Caroline literally rolled her eyes and ignored the blonde Original. "That's it? Just because someone in your family likes someone,doesn't mean that person can go around being a killing maniac! And since when Arabella fell under the protection of your family? She's on my side."

"Not according the little birdies chatting in the air." Rebekah hurled softly with a smirk. "And Arabella herself despised your little Golden trio act. That's some serious audacity of you to claim she's on your side."

Klaus laid back on the chair,being an audience. Rebekah then moved a step toward the Caroline.

"Listen to me,you brat. You barge into my home,making a goddamn scene about some unimportant issue. You should be very careful to whatever are you saying." Rebekah had stated calmly. "Arabella is my friend,which meant,she's one of us. And if you or your quaint little gang try to pull any tricks like last night on her again,forget Kol's bloody tantrum and Klaus' biting game,I will hunt all of you down and kill you without blinking. For god's sake,I sounded too much like Kol now."

Klaus nodded and emphasized, "One of us. I like that term,sister."

Caroline's phone vibrated. It's a text,from Bonnie.

"Going to Elena's. Stefan got Ara. Get here fast."

It took a second for her to understand everything. Caroline's whipped her head up to see Klaus but he's not there anymore.

"What did Bonnie meant by 'Stefan got Ara'?"  Klaus who conjured next to Caroline acquired as he observing the text too. Caroline was taken by surprise and froze. She then calculated everything in her head.

Rebekah's face lit up in curiousity as her eyes focused on the blonde vampire.

Caroline eyed for entrance which caught by Klaus. "I don't know what she meant." She had said,which was true. She had no idea what's going on and why Arabella was involved in this again.

"You're lying." Rebekah pressed as she stepped nearer. Klaus closed his eyes and sighed.

"Bloody hell,Caroline." he had muttered. 

He had put it together. Knowing the pattern of Salvatore's moves,he knew that they probably taken Arabella knowing that she meant something to his family;mostly Kol in attempt make his family submit to their request.

'Poor men,' he had thought. 'They should've known better.'

The Mikaelsons never negotiate. Never leave anything to chances. They have had a thousand of years of experience.

"Love," Klaus looked at Caroline. "How about you take some beauty nap?"

Then he snapped her neck.