05. Boys of Letters

(MYSTIC FALLS HOSPITAL)

Ryan was standing by the corner before the ER room,a bit far away from the butler and his twin when he dialed for Darren Kerchninov.

Darren,brother of Havana, is also a witch and also an associate of the Harllexton in Men of Letters society that the twins had trusted. There’s no coincidence both family are entwined with each other. It was because the men of the families were the legacies to a secret society about knowledge that most men cannot comprehend called Men of Letters. As for Harllexton family,Adam had passed down the baton to his twin sons,Ryan and Erik and swore that he would never get involved again after the death of his wife. But for the twins,the death ignites the enthusiasm in them to continue the legacy of the family’s line. And most importantly,the women of the families rarely acknowledged the society and barely know the existence of it.

“I know.” Ryan shuffled his feet as he frowned. “That baffled me too,Kerchninov. The lore on vervain can affect vampire,is that true?” He had asked quietly through his phone and after a few moments, “No. I am very sure she’s not a vampire. I mean,come on,you been around her for five years and me,for my whole life. We would’ve known if she’s a vampire or something.” He chuckled lightly and agreed, “Yeah. Maybe it’s just an allergy. Yeah,well,I have to go. The doctor’s coming out now.”

Ryan slide back the phone into his pocket and walked back to his twin and Mr.Jefferson,the butler. A doctor came out from the ER room asking, “Miss Harllexton’s family?”

“Here.” Erik responded quickly.

When Ryan joined them,he picked up a few words like stable for now,allergy reaction,pollens and before the doctor excused himself,the doctor told the twin to not let the patient to go near flowers. Erik turned to the butler and gave him a tight smile.

“You heard the doctor,Mr.Jefferson. Tell the maids to get rid of flowers,especially the vervain before we get my sister back in the mansion. Now.” He told Mr.Jefferson as if his order is paramount. As the butler nodded in comprehension and turned to make a call,Ryan walked side by side with his twin towards their sister’s cubicle.

“Darren said it might just be allergy reaction too.” Ryan whispered,intended only for his twin’s hearing.

Erik grinned and Ryan shot him a confused look.

“Oh. No. I just,didn’t expect our devilish sister can be such a delicate damsel.” Erik said as he stopped in front of a bed and gazed towards his sister,who’s sedated affectionately.

--

(BENNET’S RESIDENT,BONNIE’S ROOM)

Bonnie had fallen asleep while studying her grandmother’s grimoire that afternoon when she,out of sudden had woken up in a jump. Her eyes were bulged in shock and she was panting as if she had just run the whole neighborhood. After a few moments,she composed herself and closed her eyes.

When Bonnie opened her eyes back,she can’t hide her disillusion.

“Why would Arabella save Klaus?” She had muttered to herself.