18. Good Vamp Gone Bad

ARABELLA

I slowly opened my eyes and realized I was lying on the sofa. I quickly sat up when I saw Elena with her bandaged head and her boyfriend were staring at me. I looked around and immediately recognized this place. It's Elena's house. I've been here numerous of times before.

"Are—are you okay?" I heard Elena's dulcet voice asked me. I just sat there,staring intently to her while I was putting together what was happening.

"Did you just freaking kidnapped me?" I asked as calm as possible though my inside was boiling. Elena began to looked around,avoiding my gaze which I knew too well. She's nervous.

Something is up.

His boyfriend,which I remembered to be Stefan,stepped forward and asked Elena to leave us alone,which she obliged. The boyfriend licked his dry lips and looked at me.

"I think you know why you are here." He said dryly which made me stiffened a bit. If Finn's words are true,the Salvatores are also vampires. Vampires meant not good.

"Honestly,I don't." I replied,acting a tad dumb. He ran his palm on his face and took a big gulp.

"Arabella,come with me." He said as tilted his head towards one of the room in the house. It's not like I have an option,so I rose and followed him. I should cautiously arrange my moves around these people.

As I stepped into the room,the familiar rusty metallic smell invaded my nose. Blood,I knew instantly.

And I saw it.

The brother.

Damon Salvatore lying on the blood-soaked bed,totally unconscious.

And I remembered Finn's words;

"Kol totally trashed the Salvatore's house,nearly killed Damon for trying to harm you and bashed Elena's head just for sport. All because of you."

And Kol's bloodied attire this morning.

Without knowing,a gasp escaped my lips.

"Oh Kol,what have you done..." I whispered to myself weakly. Stefan looked at me with his beady eyes.

I knew I should've been glad that he's like this since he assaulted me last night,but still a feeling inside me keep shaking me down. Mercy,that was it.

When the older brother groaned lightly on the bed,the crack at the side of his head flowed out some blood. Almost immediately,I looked away.

"Arabella,I knew this is a lot to take in but listen,my brother and I are vampires. And Damon,he was bitten by Klaus Mikaelson,which is a hybrid of both vampire and werewolf. To a vampire,a werewolf bite is very lethal. I knew you and the Mikaelsons are acquainted very fondly,so that's why you're going to help me to get a cure for my brother." He said cautiously as if he's revealing some kind of major conspiracy to me,which I just stood there and pretended to be surprised but failed miserably when his final sentence hit me.

Where the hell he got the idea of me succumbing to his bloody desire to cure his brother? Who the hell he thinks he is? His brother almost killed me last night. Why would I help him?

I pushed the emotions inside me aside and fixed my stand,which he noticed.

"You don't looked surprised." Stefan muttered in hue of confusion. I just keep my face straight and my tone as cold as possible.

"Uh,yeah. The vampire part. I've seen many psycho cases but never came across one like this. Your brother is dying,Stefan. You need to get him to the hosp—"

Suddenly an exploding sensation conjured in my mind,which immediately swayed my legs. A sharp pain sizzled in my brain,automatically sending my hands to my head and I cried in pain.

--

As if it was a broken,fast-forwarded clips,flashes of images showered my mind.

Numerous of images of monsters flew into the back my mind and there were a very vivid. Out of countless short-lived images,there were some that stand out more than the rest.

There was one with a whole group of people watching and chanting as one of them slit open a little girl's throat. At the kill,the crowd cried in joy.

Witches.

There was one with men of group of four devouring on a woman. When I looked closer,they were sinking their mouth to woman's pulse area. One of the men looked up and hissed.

Vampires.

The last one was humans shifting themselves. They turned into wolves. Werewolves. And when they in the animal state,they tore everything that came across their paths.

Like a snap of dying lightbulb,the flashes vanished as quickly as it happened. By the time I regain my control over my own mind,I was almost on my knees on the floor,gasping for air and I felt an extraordinary fatigue.

My breathes raged within split second and all I can register,I need to get the hell out of here. I don't care what just happened,I need to get out of here. I quickly turned toward the door,hoping I could 'ummbop' my way out of there but Stefan had grabbed my arm before I did. The grip was hard and sudden that it almost crushed me.

What I've done in that moment was,I grabbed anything that within my reach and smashed it to Stefan. As the table lamp shattered to the ground,I felt Stefan's grip loosened. While he was in effect of the smashing of the lamp,I dashed to the door and almost opened it when suddenly,I heard Stefan's angry groan,I felt a hand held my head and smashed me to the door.

It was hard and fast. After the hard bang,I was dazed for a split second before everything blackened out.