03. The First Day (back) in Mystic High

ARABELLA

I woke up early the next day just to found myself lying in my newly furnished bedroom. My vanity care was carefully arranged on the vanity dresser and there was a tray with a glass of water and some pills on the bedside table.

Dad must’ve transported me home from the hospital last night.

I sat up and drank the water but left the pills untouched. As I reached for the pills and slowly standing to chuck them all into the bin,I got this nervous attack.

Today is the day. The day to face everyone.

Ah! I’m going out of my mind.

A hot bath and some warmgreen tea and I'll calm down, I thought as I tossed the pills off into the bin. The morning ritual of washing and dressing was soothing, and I dawdled over it, sorting through my new outfits from Paris. Finally I chose a pale rose top and white linen shorts combo that made me look like a raspberry sundae. Good enough to eat, I thought, and the mirror showed a girl with a secret smile. My earlier nervousness had melted away,forgotten. I ran the brush one more time through my silky hair and pulled it back with a deep rose ribbon. Then I grabbed my LV backpack and went down the stairs.

At the dining hall,dad and the twin were having their breakfast.

The twin were younger by a year than me so we will be in the same school,again. They dressed up casually but most girls would come and drool at them even in that casual outfits. Seriously,the only thing that differentiate the twin were their outfits,for god’s sake their hairstyle also the same. Ryan wore black hooded t-shirt with a pair of black jeans which so contrast with his fair skin,meanwhile Erik wore leather jacket that I remember being shopped at Moscow,and the same black hooded t-shirt as Ryan’s and a pair of black jeans. Okay correction,only the jacket will differentiate them but not for me. I can sort out these two baboons in a blink of eye. I went to dad and landed a peck on his cheek.

“Morning dad,” I said as I sat at the table. Ryan looked at me. I raised an eyebrow.

“Morning identical baboons,” I wish I can say that to Ryan and Erik.

I was feeling particularly excited this morning.

“Baboons?” Erik stopped munching his French toast and looked at me.

OMG. Did I said it,out loud?

“Dad,” I interjected suddenly to avoid from the twin. Dad looked at me as the twin continued devouring their breakfast. “Are my babies have arrived?”

I’m referring my babies to my cars,not some puppies. I don’t like dogs.

I slowly sipped my warm green tea as dad called out Mr.Jefferson to bring my car keys. To my surprise,Mr.Jefferson just gave me small red remote control with two button on it and a key hanging to it.

Definitely not a car key.

A down pang hit me right in the face.

“Dad?” I asked at dad questioningly. He gave a sweet smile.

What the hell,dude! It’s not time to smile. I missed my first born baby,metallic red Aston Martin custom-made,my second child,yellow Ferrari Italia,my third baby,the metallic silver Chevrolet. The black Lamborghini sport car and metallic white Volkswagon was my twin. Don’t forget my new born baby sweet blood red Porsche too! Oh my Gucci,I’m going to have a heart attack.

“For the love of god of fortune,dad! Where were my freaking cars!? I’m going to faint!” Dad just chuckled and ordered Mr.Jefferson to take me to the garage house.