09. No One Shall Mess with My Arabella

ARABELLA

Dry lips.

I really hate dry lips.

I licked my lips a few times before I fluttered my eyes open.

My room?

Why…wasn’t I was in…oh shit,the man!

I tried to sit up but my body won’t even budge.

“Hey,easy sis!” I heard a familiar voice floats in the air. Erik. He rushed to me and called out for dad and also doctor,saying that I’m awake. An attractive young man,in white coat rushed in with dad and hell,he’s cute. He had done a little check up on me and only then I realized I had head bandage.

Oh no. Is that meant I’ll be having scars?

“Is…is he okay?” I muttered slowly between my dry and most probably chapped lips to the cute doctor and he shot me a confused look.

“He who?” he responded as he checked my bandage again. Wow,his voice was even sexier.

“The man.” I said. However the cute doctor just ignored my answer and turned to dad.

He claimed,“I never seen anything like this.” and looked at me again. “Miss Arabella,you had two cracked ribs,severe brain hemorrhage and crushed lungs but within hours,you magically recovered. And as you awoken now and with all your cuts fully healed,its even more miraculous. I suppose normal people would be staying in ICU,probably in a coma. But not you. You must’ve got an angel watching over you.”

Cracked ribs. Head thingy. Crushed lungs.

Wow.

I just stay quiet as the cute doctor left with dad to have a talk,leaving me with Erik. He sat by bed and shot me a smile that almost charming.

“That bad,huh?” I asked. He just nodded.

“FYI sis,you’re grounded and your babies down in the garage? All confiscated except one,for your school usage. Adam William Harllexton’s order.” He said.

“What!? Dad can’t take my children away from me!” I gasped as I wiggled,trying to get up but failed miserably and followed by Erik’s cute chuckle.

“Wait.” My eyes widened. “What happened to my Chevy? Is she okay?”

Erik shrugged and got up to the bedside table and poured me a glass of water. “So,about the man you asked. How he looked like?” he asked casually but I can sense something is off.

“Erik.” I looked at him. “So I was right! There was a man!”

“No,sis. The paramedics found you in that mausoleum by yourself. No sight of anyone else. They said,when they found you,there were fresh blood all over you but wasn’t yours because it coagulated into blobs when mixed with your blood. You even gagged out some of it out of you. So,honestly,I believe you that someone was with you. I want to know who he was.” Erik said as he passed me the glass.

“I don’t know. Just blue eyes and dark hair.” I sipped slowly. “He was in the cemetery when I saw him. Being tortured,” I licked my replenished lips. “By a dead witch’s spirit and I might have saved him too. I don’t know.”

Erik looked astonished. He shook his head in disbelief. “Why the hell you interfered with a witch business!” he clenched his jaws and stormed out the room.

“And the hell is wrong you?” I responded half whispering as I watched him left.

**

KOL

“Kol!”

I heard Rebekah called out as she marched in like a freaking warrior toward me. I put down my phone and shot her an annoyed look.

“What is it,Bekah? Don’t see I’m busy?” I said lamely as I rose and that’s when I saw Klaus walked past me right to upstairs,completely ignoring us. His attire was covered with dried blood. Rebekah’s attention completely turned from me to Nik.

“Nik! Stop right there!” she ordered and Klaus froze halfway on the stairs. I smirked. Despite being the only girl in the family,Bekah is really something. She can boss other siblings up and miraculously,they obliged.

“What did you do to her?” she asked,sounded a little mad. What are they talking about?

“Her who?” Nik casually responded with a soft huff. Rebekah bite her lower lips and rolled her eyes.

“Oh,don’t play dumb,Nik. I knew you just take off from the Salvatore mausoleum,which had turned into a bloody crime scene! Did you hurt the girl? Is she dead?”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes it does,you daft. The pact we made not to make a spectacular obvious killing with your doppelganger gang? Elijah would kill you if he knew about this!”

I sat back and enjoyed the show.

“The girl’s fine. I feed her my blood already. I’m tired.” Klaus said as he just ignored Rebekah’s mumbles and went up.

Now that’s new. Klaus never feed anyone to heal other than Caroline,the blond girl that Klaus been trying to woo. Oh,I guess he’s back being the womanizer he once was.

“You feed her your blood? What did you do to her? Nik! Answer me! Nik!” Bekah had asked but Klaus was long gone.

“Sister,” I groaned. “Come on,you two always bickering with each other over small things. So what if Klaus wanted go crazy for a night and feed? Fresh blood from the vein,sister,nothing is more heavenly than that.”

Upon hearing what I said,Rebekah looked at me in disbelief. “He can go mad for all I care but he’s ruining my plan and harming my friend!”

I hide a laugh. “Bex,you’re being silly. You don’t have a friend.” I teased her for a good measure.

She shot me a devil-may-care look. “I have a friend. Arabella.”

Then I get it.

Wait.

Klaus just feed on Arabella?

How..

“Bex,” I can feel my hands shivered in anger,half hoping its wasn’t true. “What happened?”

With duh tone,Rebekah answered, “Arabella was found at the Salvatore mausoleum half alive,soaked in blood. There’s no feeding mark,of course but she and Nik spend the night there,I saw him snooped away from there. Why the hell he’s trying to convert my friend to his own mobile blood bag!”

At this point,I can no longer pay attention to whatever Bex’s insignificant ranting.

I’m angry.

And worried.

That girl is mine. Arabella is mine. Not Klaus’!

Feeding on her? Spending the night with her? Who the hell Klaus thinks he is?

“Kol,are you okay?” Suddenly,Bex asked,which made me realized that I was clenching both fists and breathing heavily.

I tried to fake a smirk but the ache in my chest making everything so hard.

Bex was looking at me with her prying eyes. 

“No,I’m not okay. Arabella is mine. My toy. I marked her first. Not Klaus’. Even you told me to approach her,that meant she’s mine to harm or anything. And you know well that I don’t like people going around poking at what’s mine.” I stated through my gritted teeth.

Bex’s eyes widened a bit. “Kol,are you—”

“No.” I retorted quickly. “I’m not into her. I just don’t like Niklaus poking on my Ara—I mean,my stuff.”

Darn brain.

I shook my head and went up,only to see Klaus standing at the stairs,probably listening to everything.

Pointing up my index finger to him,I said, “You keep your distance from her,Nik. She’s mine to play. Yes,this is warning.”